1.02: Casey Jones

The circular halls of the sewer system echoed with the sound of wheels rolling on its asphalt floor. Donatello rode his skateboard through the dank hallways before finding Michelangelo, who was nibbling on a popsicle, and Caravaggio, who was playing his Atari Lynx.

    Kicking up his board, the Gadget Guy joined the Party Dude and the Quick Kid on the pipe, where they sat under a large grate.

    "How you two doing?" Donnie asked.

    "Fine," Mikey answered.

    "Doing pretty good," C added as he set his Atari aside. The three youngest looked up at the full moon that illuminated their waiting spot.

    "Nice night," Donatello said.

    "Yeah," Caravaggio agreed.

    "Pizza dude's got 30 seconds," Michelangelo said.

    "Mm-hm," Donatello hummed with a nod. He then turned to his two younger brothers and asked a question that was on his mind that night.

    "Hey, Mikey, C, did you two ever think about what Splinter said tonight? I mean, what it would be like, you know, not having him?"

    "Hmm," Mikey hummed before changing the subject.

    "Time's up. Three bucks off."

    Two minutes later, the new pizza delivery boy for Domino's named Bryton pulled up to the side of the road on his scooter.

    "Okay," he said as he pulled the pizza box out of the bag. The order should've been right. Large thick crust with double cheese, ham, pepperoni, sausage, olives, ham, and pineapple.

    "Now, 122..." Bryton read on the order ticket. "122 ⅛?" Looking up, he saw 122 and 123, but not 122 ⅛.

    "Terrific," the pizza boy groaned. "Where the heck do I find 122 ⅛?"

    "You're standing on it, dude," Michelangelo said from below the grate Bryton was standing on. Startled, the pizza boy jumped back.

    "Just slip it down here," Mikey continued as he held a $10 bill through the gaps of the grate. Making sure no one was looking, Bryton slipped the box through a large gap as he grabbed the money.

    "Hey, this is a 10," the pizza boy said. "The tab's 13 bucks."

    "You're two minutes late, dude," the Party Dude pointed out.

    "Oh, give me a break," Bryton groaned. "I'm new. I couldn't find the address. Cut me some slack here."

    "Wise men say, 'Forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza,'" Mikey argued.

    Sighing, Bryton just shook his head.

    "I wanted to be an author," he groaned. "But Mom said the interaction as a delivery boy would be good for me."

    Returning to their home, Donatello and Caravaggio joined Leonardo and Splinter at the table. Michelangelo took the pizza out of the box and held it in his three-fingered hands.

    "Yes, friends, the new Turbo Ginsu," the Party Dude said as he threw the pizza into the air. Unsheathing his katanas, Leonardo swung them around, cutting the pizza into slices that landed on the plates.

    "It dices, it slices," Michelangelo continued, "and yet it makes French fries in three different..."

    He was cut off by Splinter's slice landing on his head instead of his plate.

    "Whoops!" the Party Dude said, trying to hide a smile.

    "Mm, kids," the Sensei simply said.