chapter 23: LITTLE NOOR

The crowd settled themselves and ruqaiya too sat beside salima begum....
The ceremony started and quranic verses were recited by a scholar.....
Then the time comes for naming the baby......
Harkha says to shehensha, " Did you think of any name? "
He raises his brows....
She says, " Your sister will call you for naming the baby, right? "
He replies, " They did not tell me about it still.... But if it's so... Then I ll be happy"

But both princess and her husband called our queen of hearts to name their child.... At first she hesitated but came in front..... Bakshi gives the baby in her hands and she sits in the diwan placed there.... She cradles the baby in her embrace..... Her eyes were welled up ready to break anytime....
Shariffudin says, " Begum sahiba, I want you to name my daughter because before anyone in the family she is yours "
She nods in response and looks at hamida who nods in response.....
She tells the name in the baby's ears thrice...... And kisses her cheeks.....
Harkha asks, " What name did you keep her....? "
She smiles and announced,  "NOOR-E-JAHAAN bint sharifuddin mirza! "
The crowd went restless after hearing the name.... Bakshi and her husband smiled..... And takes the baby in their hands....
Ruqaiya continues, " The child is named Noor-e-jahaan, because when her existence came to be known, her mother was able to get the life she deserved..... And wherever she is.... She brings hope and light to the life of people just like in bakshi bano's case.... Hence, the name came to my mind!! "

The emperor comes forward and takes little noor in his arms, " Mashallah! Iska naam bhi utna hi pyari hai jese ki yeh hai! On this very special occasion, I want to gift her a sheesh mahal that is located in Ajmer!! "
Everyone were happy with the news....

The celebration went on for hours and finally concluded in midnight.....
The emperor went to his chamber for taking rest so were the others.....

Harkha was pacing too and fro in her chamber......
Yashomati says, " Harkha, dhyan se beta.... You may harm your son in this speed! "
She stops and sits in the bed, " What are we still doingdoing, maasi? I am living in fear every minute because we don't know what that ominous lady will do to my son... " She huffs....
Yashomati takes harkha in her embrace, " Oh my dear!!! Don't you worry! I have a plan which will eliminate her from agra first! "
Harkha asks, " He will not let her leave agra for anything! "
Maham comes, " He will not let her, but if her mother orders her to do so without anyone knowing, then there is a chance"
Harkha says, " Ok.... Even we succeded in this... Then what!? She will return someday! What will we do then? "
Maham thinks and looks at yashomati and nods her head, " Then we ll remove her from this world forever! "
Shivani listens to all this and gulps down in fear..... She wanted to go and tell all these to ruqaiya but her maasa made her busy in some or other work......

Everyone went to their bed ruqaiya too removed all her jewels and changed to a light shaded anarkali and layed in her bed.... Thinking about what all happened in the day..... Her lips curled to a smile when she remembered little noor....
But deep down she thought to herself, 'after that day, he didn't even talk to me, not even in a formal way, I don't know why but i feel had

In midst of these, there was a loud alarming sound of a woman that echoed in the walls of harem.... The emperor who was in deep sleep woke up with a shock and runs towards the sound.....
Ruqaiya got up and mumbled, " Harkha begum! "

Do tell your reviews in the comments section as they are valuable to me....

Until then,
Always ❤