chapter 22: RISE OR FALL

The emperor and ruqaiya begum run towards harkha's chamber.... Harkha was lying unconscious near the tulsi plant in the balcony of her chamber and some maids were standing in a circle around her....
Shehensha takes her head in his lap and pats her cheeks.... " Harkha!! "
Ruqaiya sprinkles some water on her face... " Harkha begum! Open your eyes! "
They both look at each other.... He was really worried....
She says, " Shehensha, first we should take her to the bed...."

He nods  his head as he balantly follows her instructions..... After he placed her in the bed....
Ruqaiya says, " Moti bai!! Call the hakkima sahiba without any delay! "
The emperor says, " Harkha! Plz open your eyes!! For the child's sake atleast! "

Harkha's family members too come there.... Maham, hamida bano and salima begum too....

Yashomati goes to the other side of harkha, " Yeh kya huwa meri beti ko? "
Ruqaiya says, " The maids said that she fainted suddenly-"
She asks again, " Fainted?? Maids said?? Shehensha wasn't with her? "
The emperor looks at their worried faces... And is silent....
Yashomati says, " I left her alone because she said me that you ll be with her... But u-"
Hakkima comes there and started treating her....
Harkha gains consciousness.... And feels weak.... She sees shehensha on her one side and yashomati and others.....
Shehensha says, " I am so happy that u r alright" He kisses her forehead....
Hakkima said that she is too weak and good care should be taken...

After sometime harkha asks him, " U ll not go anywhere right? "
He looks at ruqaiya's direction who is already looking at them and nods his head.... She holds his hands tightly.....

Shivani comes near ruqaiya and gives her an assuring smile.... When she was about to start....
Yashomati says, " Why are u standing there? Did u not listen to the healer? U should too take care of your sister.... "
She then takes  a camphor and chants something rounding harkha.... " Pata nahi kis buri aatma ki nazar lag gayi meri beti ko! "
The emperor understands what she is implying...
Ruqaiya begum leaves from there.....

Both the emperor and his love spend sleepless nights without each other as they did not get even a single chance to meet....

(Bakshi bano had recovered fully from the drug abuse.... And now looking after nazia's baby... )

Shariffudeen and mirza comes to ruqaiya who was sitting near the fountain and lost in her thoughts.....
They both wished adhaab, she realises their presence and replied them...
Shariffudeen starts, " I was thinking about the naamkaran ceremony for the baby! "
She says, " Oh! I m so sorry shariffudeen saab... I had totally forgotten it in the chaos... "
He replies, " No no ruqaiya begum.... I was thinking about how to tell this to u? "
Ruqaiya says, " Yeh aap kaise baatein kar rahe hain! Aapki beti hai... Jab chahe aap uski naamkaran rakh sakte hain.... Magar phir bhi aapne humse poocha.... Yehi mere liye bohat kaafi hai! "
Mirza says, " Then bhabhi! When shall we keep it? "
She smiles and says, " This jummah would be better I think! "
They both smile too.....
Shariffudeen says, " I want you to organize this jashn begum sahiba.... Aapko bhi haq hai"
She looks on.....

The emperor and harkha  begum were having lunch in their chamber.... A maid enters saying, " Mallika- e- hind aapse milne chahti hai baadshah! "
His heart flutters with her thought.....
He nods His head and harkha looks at him with a frown....

Ruqaiya begum enters the chamber with shariffudeen on one side and mirza on the other.....
They say, " Adhaab shehensha"
He replies them and asks them to have a seat.... Both men look at ruqaiya and she nods in response and sits in the opposite direction....
They discuss about the naamkaran ceremony and all such stuff....
Ruqaiya has been controlling her emotions and did not make an eye contact with the emperor during the entire conversation..... Ruqaiya first leaves from there....
The remaining two were about to leave, harkha asks, " When is the ceremony, mirza? "
He replies, " This Friday! "
She says, " But Thursday is more auspicious that-"
Shariffudeen says, " But harkha begum the day has been fixed by mallika-e-hind herself and no change in  that! "
Mirza laughs at it.... She scoffed...

The day of the ceremony arrives and everyone comes to the venue..... The emperor comes with harkha begum who holds his hand.....
Bakshi bano is sitting in the central diwan with the baby in her lap.... The moulvi too arrived.... Salima begum was continuously looking at the entrance but no sight of the queen.....

Harkha begum who was sitting with the emperor on one side and hamida bano on the other starts, " What are we waiting for? The emperor has himself here..... Why don't we start? "
Bakshi says, " My daughter's mother has not yet arrived, mariyam-uz-zamani! "
The crowd talks among themselves.... And harkha's nose cut by the reply....

Yet again, the guard announces the arrival of queen of the hearts...
She was looking ethreal in a white sharara with golden borders and a golden choker adorning her neck with a small earring..... Her hair was open and covered with the stole..... Her sharp black kohled eyes spoke of royalty, beauty, and courage as she walked through the doors.... Her maids carried the gifts to be given.... The whole crowd stood in their places and bowed their heads in respect and fear....

People  talking among themselves, about ruqaiya's end had come  in the past now thought she is immortal in the history of mughal empire!

If u like the chapter plz do vote it and give ur feedback in the comments section as they are valuable to me.....
How are u liking the story going forward? What would happen next?

Until then,
Always ❤