chapter 7: CLARITY 👑

Bakshi bano was walking to and fro in her chamber thinking to herself,'how will i tell him?' 'will he judge me for that?' 'will he accept it?' many questions were ringing in her head....but at last with so much hesitations and practices to speak she went to her husband's chamber.....

When she reached she stood at the entrance asking permission and when she got,she entered and sees him busy in some paperwork.....

she starts,"adhaab! how are you doing?"

he replies smiling towards her,"i am good...how are u bakshi.....ur health is good right?"

She nods her head in response and he shows her hand to the couch there signalling her to sit....she starts,"i came to ask a favour from you....about the baby-"

He says,"stop it right away if its about what ruqaiya begum thought"

bakshi asks,"what did she think?"

He replies standing up,"that u became really close to the baby that day....and also it needs a milk mother which she saw inyou....so-"he was not able to continue and she understood what he meant...

She says,"it means bhabi too know my heart even before i could make a head or tail of it....but i see you are not comfortable for it.....but hear me once.....i would like to adopt the baby and raise her like my own daughter...i would show her no difference towards her just because she is not my blood....i will not harm her......and by planting this idea i think the lord had offered me another chance to repent!"she said in one breath with tears brimming in her eyes that's rushing to come out....

he felt bad to see her like this as he too loves her and also in dire need for a support for his baby......he says,"whatever u say but myheart is not convinced.....i will tell my decison tomorrow....

she leaves nodding her head and wishing him a good day.....

after the court meeting when he was heading for some work he saw ruqaiya begum sitting near the fountain and giving food to the birds,he without a second thought went to her,"ruqaiya begum,if its not a disturbance i want your advice in a matter"

she turns towards him,"no shariffuddin saab,u can come and sit here"

and they both sat facing each other and he narrated her the whole incident....

she asks,"if you want to raise your child with her then i will not say anything...u can do whatever u wish for....i wantonly better future for the baby"

he says,"no i want to hear what i should do from you...because right now my mind is in chaos...."

she replies after thinking for a while,"from the time i saw their attchment and the baby's tire need for a mother,my heart too wanted bakshi to keep the baby....but you did not like it and i too did not force you to give her the baby.... But the final decision is yours"

He says, " Mmhm... I decided! "
She asks, " What? "
He takes a long breadth and says, " I ll give one last chance to her.... And i also request you to keep an eye on the baby.."
Her face blooms in a smile.... " That's great..... And don't you doubt that.... I ll surely not let anything happen to the baby....

With that he leaves from there.... With ruqaiya looking on.....

She attended the daily court but did not see harkha begum attending it made her think something is wrong here.....

*in salima's chamber*
Salima was sad and sat near her reading table looking at the wall.... Her face clearly told that she cried a lot.....
Ruqaiya comes there and wished her adhaab.... But salima did not respond. . . .. So she shook her and salima came out of the trance.... Salima looks at her, " Ruqaiya aap? When did u come? "
She replies, " Just now "
Then they both seated on the couch..... And ruqaiya tried to convince salima begum.... " Salima begum.... U r a educated woman..... Aur se aur jab khuda ko patha hai humare dil ki niyath kya hai.... Toh kis baat ke pareshani..... Just because she said such words, will it come true? "
Salima looked at her and nodded, " Aap ne teek hai... But my heart is burning.... Give me some time to come out of it.... "
Ruqaiya thinks to leave her alone for some days.... And nodded and left.....

When she went back to her chamber... She saw the emperor walking to and from... She wishes him but he just came and stood before her facing her with hands tied at back....
She says, " Kya huwa jalal.... Anything wrong? " Asked shocked
He replies, " If you do not tell me what is happening in harem, then I will not know it? "
She in confusion, " What happened and what I did not tell u? "
He says in a raised tone, " Jo tamasha harkha ne kiya"
She realises, " I warned her.... But-"
She was cut short, " I don't need explanation.... I was waiting for u so that i can teach her a lesson.... "
She replies, " What? "
Just then moti comes in saying, " Shehensha i called every begums as per ur orders.... "
She looks at moti in astonishment.... " What u r gonna do jalal? "
He looks at her, " I will not tell u but u will see for urself..... Come along "
He was angry and stormed out of the chamber....

In the garden everyone assembled along with salima.... But harkha was nowhere to be found.... Shehensha and ruqaiya stood in the centre...
The emperor says, " Gul-e-rana!did u not call harkha? "
Gul says, " Yes shehensha... But she did not yet arrive"
Just then she arrivea.... And the emperor glares at her.... And she comes and stands beside him.... Ruqaiya looks with disgust....
Harkha acts as if nothing happened.... And smile towards him but seeing his face she is confused....
The emperor starts, " The reason y i called all of u here is already known... That i came to know about the tamasha done by ur mallika-e-alia " He glares at her and moves away from her side moving towards more to ruqaiya..... Harkha fumes in anger seeing this.....

" I am sorry salima of whatever she said.... But this is not a thing to be entertained...... You all are co wives before any title and the prime most importance is to give and take respect.... Because no one is superior to other...."

He turns to harkha, " Now you.... Ask sorry to salima begum first and then to others! "
Ruqaiya looks at him with pride....
She replies, " Shehensha for them, u r-"
He shouts, " Fo what I ordered you harkha... I don't want to hear anything "
And she does as he said.....
When she was about to leave with the humiliation.....
He says, " Aur ek baat sun le aap.... "
She turns.... And he says to everyone, " Hereafter no such thing should happen like this.... And no one would talk against the orders of ruqaiya begum... And she would be the head of harem until my reign.... Remember that(he said looking at harkha) "
Then everybody left having their own thoughts.... Leaving ruqaiya and the emperor there....

She was just looking at him and he snaps his fingers towards her... And she came out of the trance...
He asks still with a tight face, " What are u staring at? "
She says, " Nothing just thinking how did u know about all these"
He smiles looking down and looks around and sees no one there and puts his arms around her neck coming closer.... " Meri khoobsurat biwi!!! Yeh agra, harem yeh sab kuch mera hai..... These four walls around u.... They all are my ears.... And i will know what is happening here... "
She looks at him smiling and he too looks at her with smirk....
She asks, " But shehensha u were too harsh to her"
He replies, " I see that.... But she has a wehem that she is gonna have a boy and he would rule the hind.... I have to break that to save her from the unpredictable future "
She realises what he meant, " I did not think that way.... Aap unke shohar hai aap behter jaante hai"
He takes hand from her neck and they strt walking around the fountain.... " I also heard that u advised shariffudin what to do further.... I am happy that he took a note from u"
She replies, " It was purely his decision jalal.... I just wish the good for them"
He nods and says, " He is planning to announce it along with the namkaran of the baby "
She nods and smiles at the idea.... They look at the chand in the sky... And her face glows along with the moonlight..... He gets lost in her beauty... They continue to walk and she hold his arms and keeps her head in his shoulder.... Closing her eyes.....

Moti runs, " Badshah , gustakhi maaf ho.... Lekin kaneez bata rahi thi ki harkha begum ki tabiyat thik nahi hai.... "

First of all i wanted to apologize for not updating for a long time.. I was not able give it time due to Eid and xams.... But now as I am free.... I will try my level best to compensate..... Do shower the same love....

So guys how u like the story going forward.... I know it was somewhat a boring one..... But to spice up the storyline some chapters like this is required......
If u like the chapter plz do vote it and tell ur reviews in the comments section as they are valuable to me.....
What do u think will happen nxt? Do tell me that also.....

Until them,
Always❤