A new kind of foe - Part 2 - Geralt x Reader

Geralt did his best to rest his mind, to meditate while Jaskier slept. It had been days since he had come face to face with his beautiful new foe; days since he had been able to think of anything but her. He still had no notion of what she could be. She was not a member of one of the vampiric races that were the scourge of the Northern Kingdoms; for despite all of her victims, none had ever been drained of their blood. Nor was she a Midday Bride, or any of the other female monsters that he had had to face over the years. Then, his mind had wandered to the possibility that she was Lilit, or Niya as she was known in the east. The goddess, or demon, that the Nordlings believed would return someday, and bring nothing but ruin to the world. Though if the sorcerer Eltibald, was to be believed when he claimed that he had deciphered the ancient legends of the Dauk, Wozgor, and werebbubb, then there should have been an eclipse, known as the Black Sun; the path prepared for Niya, by sixty women wearing gold crowns, who would fill the river valleys with blood; which the sorcerer believed really meant the birth of princess' born to the royal families, at the time of, or just after the eclipse. And there had been none of that, no signs, no potents of evil, no nothing.......so, the Witcher was still left to wonder. Wonder why she would not tell him what she was. Her name the only thing that he had been left with, other than the need to see her again.

Slowly, he had began to feel his eyes become heavy. Sleep was rare for him, yet at this moment, something seemed to be pulling him into a deep slumber; and as much as he fought against it, he finally could not help but fall.

                                                         >>------------------------------<<

Geralt looked around; everything was black apart from a sky that was filled with countless stars. He had no idea where he was; the last thing that he could recall, was that he had been sat by the fire while Jaskier softly snored, doing his best to meditate, yet finding himself able to think of nothing but the woman that he had met. Though now, now there was no fire, no Jaskier, no Roach stood quietly next to the three trees that stood just next to where he had made camp, just him.

"Ah, Geralt............" A voice came. The Witcher quickly going to grab his sword, only to realise that he was unarmed. That his swords........that his weapons were gone.

"So nice to see you again........" The invisible person continued. The white wolf's eyes widening, as out of the nothingness, appeared his new foe. The hilt of his silver sword held firmly in her hand.

Since they had met, there had been no news of more destroyed or abandoned towns and villages. No burning bodies left piled up for some poor unfortunate to stumble across. Geralt hoping thought. that if he continued to travel along the same course that he had been following, then perhaps he and (Y/n)'s paths would cross again; and this time he would be able to end her. But it would appear as though she had a different plan.

"It is a beautiful blade, Witcher. One that can claim to have killed many a monster or foul beast. To have spilled blood upon the earth.........."

"I do what I must. I kill those creatures that threaten the safety of this world........"

"Yes, yes, I have heard it all before. The tales of the Witchers, of magic wielding warriors that were created by the mages and their mutagenic compounds. Of their trials and training, which make them capable of killing inhuman prey. Yet here you are, in front of me, a monster by any other name; and you are powerless, once again. Incapable of striking the blow that would end my life............" (Y/n) interrupted, as she moved forward, and placed the tip of his own sword, against his throat. Geralt once again finding that he could not move; that he could not fight back. That the only one that might be taking their last breath, was him.

"It would be so easy to kill you, Geralt of Rivia. All that I have to do, is push this silver blade through your flesh, and the butcher will be no more. The white wolf, stained red with his own blood.........." She continued, as she moved the tip of the sword into his skin. A small trickle of crimson slowly making its way down his neck.

"But........." The sword suddenly taken away and waved around with a flourish by the woman.

"Where would the fun in that be.......? No, I have no desire to end the life of something so pretty. To end our little game this quickly. Because that is what this is, Geralt.........a game. You against me.............."

"If that what you call killing innocent people? Burning down towns and villages........A GAME!" Geralt growled; doing his best to summon every last ounce of strength he had so that he could move. So that he could do something, anything. Yet no matter what he did, still his body would not move.

"Yes........." She replied simply, before placing to silver sword across her shoulders.

"They are pawns, Geralt. Pieces that can be sacrificed so that one can achieve true victory. It took more of them than I had expected to get your attention; but now that I have it, the real game can begin.........."

"And what do you want out of this game.........." Geralt demanded to know. The blood now singing in his ears, as his anger got the better of him. The Witcher only able to stare wide eyed, as her face appeared in an instance before him.

"That is simple, my dear Witcher. I want you to save me. To rescue me from this hell........" A single, diamond like tear making its way down her cheek, as she spoke. Her features becoming softer, sadder, her eyes pleading.

"But I will not make it easy." (Y/n) suddenly reverting to her normal state. A beautiful, yet wicked smile spreading across her lips.

"Now, I believe that it is time for you to return to your companion. You never know what might be lurking in the shadows as you sleep, and I would hate for anything to happen to Jaskier.......well, not unless it has to......" She continued, before turning and walking away.

"Just continue on your current path, Geralt, and our lives will converge again before you know it..........." Her words softly drifting to nothingness. Geralt once more finding himself alone; the stars in the sky above beginning to disappear, until everything was black.