The Elemental - Part 2 - Geralt x Reader

Geralt and Jaskier had been travelling for days, making their way from one village to another to enquire about the possible whereabouts of the powerful elemental. But each time the pair asked about the young woman, the two men would be chased away by angry villagers, who all seemed to know, and want to protect the beautiful creature.

"If we aren't going to kill her like that lord wanted, why are we still trying to find her? Isn't all this more trouble than it's worth." Jaskier complained, as he picked yet another rancid piece of tomato skin from his hair. The bard shivering, as he and Geralt yet again found themselves camped out in the cool evening air.

"No. I told you, I'm not going to kill her. And we are still trying to find her as I want to know more about her. I want to know how she can control all the elements when I have never heard of anyone or anything else being able to. She's closer than we think. She's here, I'm sure of it. She is probably even watching us now. All I have to do is make her see that we don't mean her any harm." Geralt replied, as he turned his gaze to look out into the forest and lake that lay next to their campsite. The sun slowly setting and lighting up the sky in a warming red hue. The Witcher sure that for some reason he could feel that the elemental was somewhere close. Watching the two of them as they struggled to find her. Always one step ahead.

                                                        >>-----------------------------------<<

Geralt looked through the dying flames of the fire, his eyes falling on the softly snoring Jaskier. The bard huddled up with his hands gripping tightly on to his lute. Seemingly ready to spring to action at the slightest sound, so that he could sing. Geralt shook his head and chuckled. He had no need to fear that wild animals would come anywhere near the camp, for if Jaskier was ready to burst into song, it would surly scare anything away. The Wicher wondering if the next time he was faced with perhaps a Gravier or Nightwraith, he should just point Jaskier at them and get him to distract them by telling them all about his songs.

Quietly, Geralt took a brand from the fire and made his way down to the lake. Dawn was at least another few hours away, and despite the fact that he didn't need to sleep, Jaskier's soft snore seemed to be having the strangest cathartic effect on him. The Witcher feeling the need to stretch his legs and rouse himself a little. Splashing the freezing water onto his face as he found himself at the lake. The frigid liquid bringing him back to his senses, as he caught his reflection in the gently lapping black mirror water. The flaming brand that he had pushed into the dirt by his side, casting his likeness onto its icy depths.

"Where are you?" He said softly, hoping somehow that the elemental could hear him. Slowly closing his eyes and letting out a deep sight

"If only you knew how much I wanted to find you. How much I have to ask you." Geralt continued. His gentle voice carrying through the ether, to a woman that had been watching he and Jaskier for days.

As Geralt slowly opened his eye he fell backwards, unable to believe what he was seeing; for there, on the surface of the lake fought two great wolves, one made of water, and the other of fire. The two huge animals battling for supremacy, each and every clash of their great paws, sending plumes of steam into the cool night air.

"Breathtaking isn't it, what the elements can become. What they can be made to do." A beautiful voice that suddenly seemed to appear from the thin air asked from behind him.

The Witcher spun around, his hand instinctively reaching for the hilts of his swords. His eyes widening, as they fell on the face of the exquisite elemental. Her staff raised high, ready to hit the ground if the silver blade should be pulled from its scabbard.

"Did you learn nothing from our last encounter? I had been informed that you were no fool, Geralt of Rivia. But if you insist on drawing your sword, I will know that the white wolf is little more than just that." (Y/n) declared, as slowly Geralt withdrew his hand. Watching with concern, as the fire and water lupines no longer fought one another on the lake. But instead prowled around him.