A Show of Strength

As Presley walked into the noisy cafeteria, she felt a knot of anxiety forming in her stomach. She scanned the room, looking for a familiar face, but there was no sign of Emma or any of her other friends. She was on her own.

Taking a deep breath, she made her way to an empty table and sat down, trying to ignore the stares and whispers of her classmates. She hugged Chucky tightly to her chest, seeking comfort in his familiar presence.

But before she could even take a bite of her lunch, Julia appeared beside her, a cruel smile playing on her lips.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the freak and her creepy doll," Julia sneered, her voice loud enough for the entire cafeteria to hear.

Presley felt her face flush with embarrassment as the other students turned to look at her, their eyes filled with curiosity and amusement.

"Why don't you just leave me alone, Julia?" Presley said, her voice shaking with anger.

But Julia just laughed, her eyes flashing with malice.

"Why would I do that, when I'm having so much fun?" she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

And then, to Presley's horror, Julia reached out and grabbed Chucky from her arms. Presley gasped as she felt Chucky's plastic fingers slip from her grasp.

"Look, everyone, it's the weirdo and her creepy doll!" Julia shouted, holding Chucky high above her head for all to see.

The cafeteria erupted into laughter as Presley felt hot tears stinging her eyes. She wanted to run, to hide, to disappear. But she knew she couldn't let Julia see how much she was hurting.

Taking a deep breath, she stood up from the table and faced Julia head-on.

"Give him back, Julia," she said, her voice trembling with rage.

But Julia just laughed, holding Chucky just out of Presley's reach.

"What are you going to do, cry to your doll?" she sneered.

Presley felt her anger boiling over. She couldn't let Julia see how much she was hurting. She had to stand up for herself.

"Give him back," she said, her voice low and menacing. "Or you'll regret it."

Julia's eyes widened in surprise at the sudden change in Presley's demeanor. But before she could respond, Presley lunged forward and grabbed Chucky from her arms.

"Leave me alone, Julia," she said, her voice filled with rage. "I'm tired of your bullying."

And with that, she turned and walked away, Chucky held tightly in her arms. She could feel the eyes of the entire cafeteria on her back, but she refused to look back. Today, she had stood up for herself. And as she made her way out of the cafeteria, she knew that she would never let anyone bully her again. Not as long as Chucky was around to watch her back.