THREE

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 - 𝟎𝟑

Y/n's POV

The servant's hesitant entrance broke the quietude of my chambers, her eyes dutifully glued to the floor. "Good morning, your Majesty," she murmured, the words barely audible.

I waved a dismissive hand without glancing up from the parchment strewn before me. "I have no appetite," I replied flatly, my tone laced with irritation.

Her shoulders tensed imperceptibly. "Forgive me, your Majesty, but Prince Jackson insists it's urgent," she persisted, her voice trembling.

I sighed heavily, relenting begrudgingly. "Very well, I'll join him shortly," I conceded, my frustration palpable.

As I made my way to the dining hall, Jackson attempted to engage me in conversation. "How are your studies at the academy faring?" he inquired, though his tone hinted at skepticism.

"Fine," I replied tersely, my focus unwavering on the food before me.

"Fine?" Jackson echoed, clearly dissatisfied with my response. "Well, heard about the news?"

My attention was momentarily diverted by the mention of news. "What news?" I asked.

Jackson's smirk betrayed his amusement. "About Father's decision to abdicate," he divulged, pouring himself a generous serving of wine.

I remained outwardly composed, though inwardly, a storm brewed. "Oh," I muttered, the implications sinking in.

His probing gaze bore into me. "And your thoughts?" he pressed, awaiting my reaction.

"About what?" I inquired casually, raising an eyebrow as Jackson took a leisurely sip of his drink. He wore that annoying smirk, as if he held all the cards and knew exactly how things would play out.