TWO

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 - 𝟎𝟐

Kim Minji's POV

Resting on my stomach, I allowed my thoughts to wander as I observed the moonlight filtering through the window, casting ethereal shadows across the room.
A gentle knock at the door interrupted my reverie, prompting me to shift my gaze towards it.

"Come in," I called out, a faint sigh escaping my lips as Dani entered, her presence bringing a sense of comfort.
"Hey," she greeted, joining me on the bed and enveloping me in a warm hug from the side. "What's on your mind?"

I sighed, feeling the weight of frustration settle upon me.
"Just thinking," I replied, my voice tinged with a hint of resignation.

"About what?" Dani inquired, her curiosity evident in the title of her head.

"About those jerks," I muttered, my irritation bubbling to the surface.

"And are you considering dropping out of the tournament because of them?" Dani questioned, shifting onto her stomach to face me.

"You mean because of Y/n and their clique of bullies?" I raised an eyebrow, feeling a surge of defiance.

Dani let out a sigh, her gaze wandering towards the window. "Do you know what they've started calling us?" she murmured softly. "The Circle of Worms."

"Let them call us whatever they want," I declared, determination firm in my voice. "They're not the ones who determine our worth. We're mortal, yes, but that doesn't mean we're any less capable. I won't let their opinions dictate my choices. Once we're a part of the court, their influence won't matter anymore."

Dani pondered for a moment before voicing her concern. "But do you think Taehyung will support us in this?"

I met her gaze, a glint of resolve shining in my eyes. "Why else do you think he's been training us?"