Rabbit hole

Cairos pov
I wake up at 6 in the morning. My alarm blaring in my ear, I shut it off and sit up, drinking water from the nightstand next to me. I get out of bed and take a quick shower. Once I get out, I put on a green velvet crop top and dark blue baggy jeans with my green Converse. I also do some light makeup and curl my hair. Then I hear a car beep outside, knowing it's Henry. I grab my bag and run downstairs out to his car. "Finally, I was about to leave you," he says, laughing. I smack him, I put my seat belt on "Shut up, you would never," I say to him. "You're right, I can't walk into school by myself," he replies. "So I heard there's a new English teacher this year. Also heard she's really hot," he says. "You think you've got a chance?" I ask him, winking. "Yeah right, she has a better chance of going for me," he says. I roll my eyes at his response. We get to the school, park, and we get out and all into the building. Not looking, I bump into someone, fall back, and I look up to realize it's the girl from yesterday. "Very clumsy, I see," she smiles. I laugh, and she helps me up. She walks away, and I turn to Henry, "That's the girl from yesterday," I tell him with my eyes wide. "God damn, she is hot," he says, laughing. I smack my hands to my face, trying to process what's happening. "Anyways, what class do you have this year?" I ask. "Math, art, dance, AP World History, French, and English, what about you?" he says. "Forensics, math, dance, theater, Spanish, and English," I say. "Okay, so we have dance together for sure, but who do you have for English?" he says, looking at me. "Ms. Rosewood," I reply with.

Skip to English

i meet henry by the door. i walk in seeing no teacher. i sit in the middle back with henry, and we're talking as someone walks through the door. the entire mood shifts from fun to serious. i look up and see the woman i had bumped into twice before, except she didn't seem like the same person. she seemed more serious and cold-hearted. she scans the room and looks directly at me before speaking. "hello, I'm Ms. Rosewood," she says in a harsh tone, not warm like the other times i had spoken to her. "I have four simple rules to follow. 1. Don't speak over me. 2. Don't be late. 3. all assignments turned in late will not be graded and will be automatic F's," she says. "bro, she's hotter when she's strict," i whisper to henry. "that's what you're worried about?" he says. "well, yeah, my future wife," i smile. "i'd be more concerned that she's walking over here." i stop smiling and look up and see her right in front of me and smack her ruler down on the desk. "rule 4. no talking unless you're doing group work," she says in a stern tone, looking right at me. "a week's detention for you, Ms. Winters," she says to me. i nod, thinking of all the things i'd let this woman do to me. she walks away, continuing to give us the gist of what her class will be like and typical projects and assignments. the bell rings, and everyone leaves. i stay seated and stare at her. "don't you have work to do?" she snaps at me. i apologize and start working on my math homework. i can feel her looking at me, so i look up, and she immediately looks away. "so, how was your first day teaching here?" i say, hoping to break the awkward silence. she looks up. "it was fine. now stay quiet, please."i nod, finish my work. by the time i'm done, detention is over, and i get up and leave. quickly, i walk out of the school, walking home. quickly, i get home, take another shower, get dressed in shorts and a hoodie, and go downstairs to get a bowl of cereal. i run back up to my room and eat while watching modern family. i then fall asleep knowing this was going to be a deep rabbit hole.

Her outfit for school

Her sleep outfit

A/N-hope you enjoy I don't have much time to update but I'll try to update every Friday or Saturday

759 words