4. The moon without the sun.

Charlie fell into a coma.

It broke the whole team to see Charlie like that- lying on a bed, tubes all up in his arms, not moving, not smiling. It was like the light had been pulled out of him.

The nurses said that Charlie would not have fallen into a coma, just from the fire and the concussion, even if it was bad. It seemed that there was some past trauma, that had really stressed Charlie's brain, so it did the only thing it could think of

That was when Jeff explained that the house that Charlie and Jeff were born in was no abusive one. It was a loving family where Charlie and Jeff along with their two other brothers lived in. Charlie being the youngest. There had been a large house fire, which was written off by the police as some normal gas leak, but the siblings knew better. It was caused by tony. Charlie was only 12 then, and even when all the siblings got out, he
was inside. The cctv footage they had found showed Charlie desperately trying to wake up their parents, fire surrounding them everywhere. Their oldest brother, Pakin, had went in and brought Charlie out. Charlie was extremely traumatized by what had happened. He still gets nightmares.

Finally, Charlie's hare for fire made sense.

Jeff couldn't handle seeing Charlie. He spent the first two days in the hospital, not ready to leave. Alan provided some support, but Jeff was inconsolable. He decided to go to his old house where their other brothers were currently staying. Yet, he made sure to call Alan and check up on Charlie.

The garage felt gloomy. Charlie had only come into their lives a month ago, but he had changed everything. It was hard staying there without Charlie's glowing presence.

It hurt them all.

_____

3 days.

It had been 3 days since Charlie fell into the coma. Babe went every day. He secretly asked Charlie to wake up every day.

And even if babe didn't know it yet, it was like he was the moon without the sun. How could he glow without his sun shine?

_____

There was suddenly a change in Charlie's condition.

But it was not a good one.

Charlie had suddenly started having internal bleeding and had to be taken into the operation theatre.

Babe was always scared of operation theatres. That's where his mom had died.
That's where he had last met his real father. That's where his life in that damn "orphanage" Started.

______

"Hello? " The woman on the other side of the phone said. "Yes." Babe asked, quietly. His energy was drained, not being able to fall asleep last night, not when he knew that Charlie was still in the hospital fighting for his life. (Though he would not tell anyone that he really cared that much. They'd think he was weak)

"This is Nurse Mia from the Sunrise hospital, may I know if this is babe? " Hearing that, Babe immediately straightened himself out. " Yes" He replied, hoping to hear some positive news about Charlie.

"I'm calling to inform you, Mr. Charlie is up, His brother Jeff is here already but he asked to call you. Would you be able to come down to the hospital? " The nurse asked. Babe gasped. (Again, he'd make sure not to 'gasp' in public. They. Can. Not. See. Him. Weak. They only knew the bold, strong, fiery babe. And it's best that they only see that babe forever)

"Yes... I'll be there in 15 minutes... "

____

When babe walked into the hospital room, he saw Jeff crying, hugging Charlie. This time though, Charlie hugged back. Sonic could not hold back his tears seeing Charlie smile brightly once again.

"I was so scared Charlie, WE were so scared. " Jeff said, tears all up in his eyes.
"I thought.. After all that we went through.. I can't lose you kid. "

And so everyone got a chance to say how much Charlie meant to them and  to talk to him. Till only babe was left in the room.

"P'Babe...."Charlie said, biting his lip with tears in his eyes. "It hurts phi.." Babe hated that he couldn't resist that glossy eyed sad look on Charlie's face.
He went in and sat beside Charlie on the bed. "I'm here baby, I'm here." Babe reaffirmed. Soft sobs started pooling out Charlie, and his soft frame started to shiver.

Babe put a hand under Charlie's chin and pulled his face up. He peppered kisses all over Charlie's face, until the sobs turned to giggles. Then, finally, Babe stole a kiss from the lips he had been craving for so long. "Phi! That was so sudden! " Charlie whined, blushing and flustered. "Why, have we not kissed before? " Babe chuckled throatily.

"We have.. !.. But-" Before Charlie could say anything, Babe pulled him into a long passionate kiss. Their lips joined and tongues intertwined. Babe bit on Charlie's lips which made the younger gasp. When he finally pulled away, Charlie looked a mess. "Agh! " Charlie blushed and hid his face, hugging babe. While hugging, babe licked a stripe onto Charlie's neck. "Mm! " Charlie pouted at him. "Stop being a pervert" The boy mumbled.

"No can do, darling. " Babe smirked. Charlie just groaned.

_______

It took a very short time for Charlie to heal. The trauma he had suffered In Tony's house was the reason he had built up such tolerance to pain. It wasn't good. Of course it wasn't..

Jeff told them why. Charlie had refused to call tony pa. He had a very close relationship with their actual parents. Jeff continued, Tony feels more powerful knowing that they all think of him as 'pa'. Pa being the one that would have power over the kids. Charlie refusing to let Tony have that power led to Tony torturing Charlie day in and day out.

It hurts to know Charlie went through all that.

_______

One of the things that the team invested their time into while Charlie was in the coma was helping the police with the investigation.

This investigation led to few clues, but they were enough for Babe to know who did it. One, was that the accident was not an accident at all. It was clearly intentional, from the footage that they watched repeatedly. Two, the biker wasn't a competitor. (An: remember that the race was consisting of only the participants of the coming up national race) Three, the bike came from that damned company.

UAC corp.

_______

Note:

As promised, here is the new chapter. I know that i have been slow for so long, but I'm starting off once again. Please tell me what you think about the upcoming 'Changing' series'.

Love
An.K