Part 5

13

I was internally struck by a million of question marks.

"I didn't."

I didn't bother with him, just wanted to try on the clothes and leave.

The staff laid several outfits in front of me, asking me to try them.

I randomly chose one, ready to try it on.

Xu Xia suddenly said: "These clothes are not bad, I'll buy them."

The staff hurriedly explained: "These clothes are specifically tailored for Mr. Lin, they belong to Mr. Lin. Mr. Xu, would you like to look at other styles?"

Xu Xia's face turned unpleasant: "If I remember correctly, the entire shop is under Lu Jue's name. What's wrong with me wanting a few clothes?"

Xu Xia looked at me again, his tone mocking: "Lin Ran, didn't you keep saying you love me? Willing to give me everything? You wouldn't begrudge me a few outfits, would you?"

I smiled: "That was just nonsense, I was fooling around. Why would I give them to you now?"

Xu Xia's face turned green with anger, his chest heaving violently.

His friend advised him to calm down.

"Xu Xia, don't bother with such people. He's just a bootlicker, he breaks down when he can't lick anymore."

Xu Xia's friend then said to the staff: "Do you know who he is? He's Mr. Lu's fiancé, they're going to get married. You guys weigh for yourselves who you want to offend."

Xu Xia's eyes gleamed with triumph, his face flushed.

He glanced at me: "Some people are just like toads who want to eat swan meat... they don't even look at themselves! How can they compare to Mr. Lu?"

I felt only irony, too lazy to argue further.

He and that pervert Lu Jue better lock each other down quickly.

The staff looked puzzled: "Huh? You're Mr. Lu's fiancé? That's not right..."

Xu Xia displeased: "What's not right?"

The staff looked at me: "But Mr. Lu specifically instructed that these clothes are tailored for Mr. Lin. These clothes are all groom's outfits."

I was about to leave, but the staff's word made me froze.

Xu Xia scoffed, pointing at me: "You think Mr. Lu wants to marry him? Don't joke with me!"

"Who's joking with you."

A sinister voice came.

I turned around, indeed it was Lu Jue.

Lu Jue's face was as icy as frozen frost, his deep eyes casting a cold gaze.

He walked up to me, holding my hand tightly.

I looked at him bewilderedly, this isn't right...

Aren't you supposed to hold Xu Xia's hand, why hold mine!

And are these clothes really groom's outfits?

Could the staff have mixed up the fitting subject?

Xu Xia looked incredulous, his gaze trembling: "Young... Young Master Lu, you and him... what's your relationship."

Young Master Lu?

I felt increasingly uneasy, in the original story, Xu Xia always called him "Lu Jue".

But now, Xu Xia was timid and lowly calling him "Young Master Lu".

"And what's your relationship with him?" Lu Jue said coolly.

Xu Xia's eyes showed a wounded look: "Young Master Lu, you don't understand Lin Ran!

"He pursued me, followed me. He's a pervert, always pestering me, saying how he fell in love at first sight, willing to give his heart and soul to me, saying I'm the love of his life."

14

What had to come, finally came.

I bowed my head, waiting for Lu Jue to erupt in anger.

Perhaps next, he would start to punish me.

But the next second, my lips were fiercely kissed by him.

His pupils filled with a crazy possessiveness and jealousy: "Do you still like him? How much does he occupy in your heart?"

Before I could finish, he spoke for himself: "I don't care, you must clean it all up. You are only allowed to like me."

His fingers caressed my lips, his fierce gaze fixed on Xu Xia: "He is mine."

I was completely dumbfounded, shouldn't Lu Jue be declaring his loyalty to Xu Xia?

Why did he kiss me, this "love rival," instead?

I blurted out without thinking: "Aren't you going to marry him?"

"You said what? I..."

He carefully observed my expression, his ears turning red as blood: "I already knew you wanted to propose to me, but let me do it, I also wanted to surprise you. I was actually planning to propose to you tonight, the day after tomorrow we'd have the wedding, it's all prepared."

I was confused: "So... the groom is me?"

Lu Jue didn't hesitate: "Of course it's you, who else could it be? It can only be you."

After speaking, he left while hugging me, not giving Xu Xia another glance.

And my heart trembled violently.

Could it be that the current plot has already deviated from the original story, starting to develop on its own?

In the car.

Lu Jue still hugged me tightly, his tone sour: "I thought I had sent him abroad already, he actually sneaked back. Tomorrow, I'll have someone send him abroad, don't meet him again."

I was astonished, watching his eyes full of jealousy and possessiveness.

I realized one thing: "You wouldn't have known I pursued Xu Xia already, right? That's why you sent Xu Xia away?"

Lu Jue was silent, his eyes deep with jealousy, equivalent to admitting my guess.