Part 3

8

My good friend Lu Nan invited me to a banquet, saying it was a big scene to experience.

I was bored, so I agreed.

Lu Nan and I chatted, he drank alcohol, I drank juice.

It can't be helped, my wife had already ordered me not to drink alcohol when I'm out.

Lu Nan helplessly said: "You're really... henpecked, listening to your wife like that! I'm curious, what does your wife look like to have you so enchanted?"

I proudly said: "You were busy last time and didn't come to our gathering. Otherwise, you would have seen how beautiful my wife is."

Lu Nan laughed, a skeptical look on his face.

Just then, people's gazes collectively turned towards the door, also moving in that direction.

"There must be a very important VIP!" Lu Nan said.

I also stretched my neck, looking towards the door.

I saw a man in a three-piece suit walking in, his demeanor noble, his posture elegant, his eyebrows and eyes as if soaked in frost, without a trace of warmth.

I jumped up, my face breaking into a smile.

It's Yan Yi!

My wife came!

My arm was grabbed by Lu Nan, who excitedly said: "It's Mr. Lu who came! I was just wondering why everyone was rushing over."

Mr. Lu?

My legs went weak:

"Where?"

Lu Nan looked surprised: "You don't recognize him? Right... you indeed haven't formally met him."

He pointed in a direction: "See, the tallest man there is him. Mr. Lu is 1.9 meters tall."

The tallest man...

The tallest man in the room, 1.9 meters...

Only Yan Yi!

My pupils trembled violently:

"Are you saying, the man in the black and white three-piece suit, wearing a Vacheron Constantin watch on his wrist, is Mr. Lu... Lu Jue?"

"Yes!"

I sat back down on the sofa, my fingers trembling uncontrollably.

My wife is actually Mr. Lu!

My pure, frail, virtuous, coquettish full-score little wife, how could he be the cold-hearted, sinister, and ruthless main dominant top?

9

He actually deliberately disguised himself as a submissive bottom and got together with me!

Is this his perverted hobby?

Normal love can't satisfy this pervert anymore?

I also remembered that the original story mentioned that Lu Jue would keep some lovers to relieve boredom.

But his only true love was Xu Xia.

Xu Xia was straight, his heart still occupied by a lost white moonlight, so he constantly refused Lu Jue.

The two kept pulling and pushing.

Finally, after Xu Xia realized he had fallen in love with Lu Jue, they got together.

Lu Jue sent away all his lovers, from then on only Xu Xia was his one and only.

So, it turns out I became one of the lovers used to relieve boredom... among others.

At this moment, Yan Yi's gaze turned towards my direction.

I quickly lowered my head, hiding behind Lu Nan.

A while later, Yan Yi withdrew his gaze, he probably didn't see me.

He chatted with one of the guests, his face showing a calm and composed expression, nothing like his usual frail and coquettish demeanor.

Sure enough, it was all an act!

However, he probably still doesn't know that I pursued Xu Xia.

Otherwise, according to the original story, he would have ended me long ago!

I hurriedly told Lu Nan that I had some urgent matter and left first.

There's no time to delay, I immediately ran.

I went home to grab my ID and money, then immediately bought a train ticket.

I planned to go on a spur-of-the-moment trip.

First, travel for a year.

After Lu Jue and Xu Xia get married, the original plot would end.

By then, Lu Jue should have forgotten about me and wouldn't care that I once pursued Xu Xia.

A trace of bitterness spread in my heart, but I quickly snuffed it out.

Compared to my life, what does a mere man matter?

There will be plenty of men in the future!

10

But just as I was about to leave, Lu Jue came back.

Lu Jue wasn't wearing a suit, he had changed into his usual T-shirt and jeans, appearing fresh and frail.

He tightly wrapped his arms around my waist, coquettishly saying: "Husband, I'm back, so tired."

My back stiffened.

Normally, I would feel very warm, but now I felt creeped out.

"Mhm." I tried to maintain a calm exterior.

Lu Jue's hand touched my luggage: "Are you going on a business trip?"

I quickly nodded: "Something came up."

"But, husband, you told me that this month your manager didn't arrange any activities for you. Don't go out these few days, stay with me, okay?"

After speaking, he pushed my luggage back into the room.

My body stiffened even more.

I'm sure my manager already knew his true identity and was bought off by him.

I can't leave today.

Then maybe another day.

During the night.

Lu Jue thought I was asleep, quietly took out his phone.

I quietly crawled out of bed, opened the door, and heard him making a call.

"The wedding still needs sunflowers, he likes sunflowers. Each one must be fresh."

It must be Xu Xia who likes sunflowers.

I don't like sunflowers.

"Cut the guest list by half, he doesn't like crowds.

"The plane to country A after the wedding must be on time.

"This matter is confidential, don't let others know, don't leak any information..."

I secretly crawled back to bed and closed my eyes.

My heart was enveloped in bitterness, almost making it hard for me to breathe.

Country A is a famous same-sex marriage registration country.

He's really getting married.

The original story also mentioned that Lu Jue proposed to Xu Xia, Xu Xia was "forced" to agree, and then it was a marriage-before-love plot...

Anyway, Lu Jue was going to break up with me sooner or later, I might as well run first.

The next day, after Lu Jue left, I immediately packed up.

I took a train to a travel city and randomly found a hotel.

In the hotel room, I lay on the bed.

The phone rang again.

It was still Lu Jue calling.

I saw the "wife" note, feeling only irony.

What wife?

Clearly just a pervert!

The next second, I bravely blocked all his contact methods.

After all, he will end up with Xu Xia in the end.

I don't want to become a part of their play.

I order takeout during the day, play games, stay up late watching movies, and sleep at night.

In my dreams, I started having strange dreams again.

After transmigrating, I kept having intermittent dreams, all about "my" childhood.

At first, the dreams were somewhat vague and short.

But lately, the dreams have become clearer and longer.

This time, I dreamed of a chibi Lu Jue smiling at me, holding my hand every day to kindergarten, and feeding me milk.

The next day, I woke up, thinking of last night's absurd dream...

In the original story, Lu Jue and "I" had never met, let alone went to kindergarten together.

After all, it's just a dream, I soon stopped thinking about it.

But I don't know if I was too carefree, my stomach pain acted up.

The delivery guy brought me stomach medicine, but it didn't work.

I had to go to the hospital.

Every step I took, my stomach felt like it was being drilled into.

Just a few steps made me gasp for breath.

I had just stepped out of the hotel door, ready to use my phone to call a cab when I saw a Rolls-Royce in the corner of my eye.

A man got out of the car.

His gaze was sharp, like a fierce beast staring at its fleeing prey.

His face was frosty, the corners of his mouth curled up, but his eyes showed no hint of coldness, making his expression dangerous and terrifying.

In that moment, my breathing almost stopped.

His tone was still gentle, yet like a terrifying hook latching onto my heart: "Found you, darling..."