Pt 1 of Hyena Pup (CG)Husk (Little)Crymini

Artist Unknown

Caregiver: Husk

Little: Crymini

Other: Charlie

Cw: Attempted underage drinking and smoking, denying regression, arguments
— — —

"Hey! Put it back, now." Husk yelps at the Hyena who reached over the bar, "But-" "No buts pup." Husk says crossing his arms. Crymini whines and pulls her arm back, "You don't have to parent me. I'm nineteen!" She yells at him as her ears perk upwards at her own voice.

"Exactly. Nineteen." Husk says and sighs. "That's underage drinking. And smoking. Don't think I haven't noticed the packs in your jacket." He says and points at her black sleeveless jacket on.

She looks at him offended and scoffs, storming off. "Husk, do you think that maybe you were a bit tough on her? I mean, yeah she is only nineteen." Charlie says and looks at Husk with worry. "I mean, considering her style, she might've died during what was her rebellion phase." She adds on.

Husk stood there, listening to her before sighing. "I'm going to let her be for a minute alone, then I'll go and check up on her." He says and Charlie smiles and nods, happy with his response and walks off.

— — — — —

"Crymini, are you okay? Can we talk?" Husk asks knocking gently on the door with one paw. "'M fine! Go aways!" He hears yelled muffled.

"Okay." Husks says turning on his heels before pausing. "She sounds like what Angel sounds like when little. I wonder.." He whispers to himself and turns back to the door.

"I'm coming in the room." He gives with a light warning as he opens the door slightly. Crymini's room was in disarray, but maybe this was how it always was. Pillows and blankets strewn across the floor, a TV with a crack in the corner of the screen held up by books and a box.

Crymini stared up at Husk, "I- buts- I-" She stammers out and huffs ducking under a quilt with spots, paw prints and bones as the pattern. "Puppy, what's wrong?" Husk asks coming over to the bed with a scratched at headboard and legs. "Nuthin!" She yells from the under the blanket kicking towards him.

Husk doesn't flinch or anything, and sits by the bed on the floor. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I just don't want you to be hurting by drinking or smoking kid." Husk says and sighs, "You do 'em..." She says under the blanket. "Yeah, I know. And I might seem like a hypocrite for this but, I don't want a kiddo like you to be hurting."

"That no make sense." Crymini says and stuffs her snout of the blanket, right next to his head. "Why sure it does pup." He says and gently strokes her snout.

Slowly the rest of the hyena's head pops out of the blanket. A pacifier clip falls out from under the blanket, a pacifier with a dog bone on it. "Here you go pup." He says and puts the pacifier back, "pleas go..." She whines as her ears go back.

"Why puppy?" Husk asks and she goes silent whining more. "I don't care if you don't want my help, I'm going to take care of you either way because you're a little kid." Husk says as sudden bustling of blankets come from besides him as Crymini punches onto him latching onto him.

He chuckles, "You want a snack or-" "Movi" She yelps and crawls to her nest in front of the TV. "Alright, we can watch a movie." He says with a smile, sitting next to her as he puts on a movie of her own choice. Fox and the hound, Husk had heard of it from Charlie and now he was getting to see what it was. "After this do you want me to pick a movie?" He asks and look over to see Crymini curled up in a ball right against him, almost fast asleep.

He chuckles and tosses the blanket more over her, as she grabs a plush and uses it as a pillow. Her fluffy pinkish red tail wagging under the blanket.

Word count: 680