Chapter 12: Aftermath

QUEENS, NEW YORK
OCTOBER 12, 2018
3:20 P.M. EST

"About damn time..." (Y/N) muttered under his breath tiredly as the last school bell rang. He gathered his belongings in his desk and placed them in his backpack before throwing it over his shoulder and filling his class out the door. Once exiting his classroom to the now crowded hallway where in front of him Gwen exited from her class which was in front of his and upon seeing him a smile appeared on her face.

"You still look like shit." She joked as the boy simply rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah laugh it up." He said with a slight smile of his own as they walked down the crowded hallway with her by his side.

"Need anything from your locker before heading out?" He asked.

"Not this time, I have everything I need to take home for some assignments that I'm going to do on the weekend." She answered as they walked in the hallway in silence trying to get through, Gwen took a deep breath mustering up her courage. "Say (Y/N), I've been wondering if you want to go on a da-" She began but was cut off when a certain someone to butt in between them, pushing Gwen aside.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Felicia greeted happily, wrapping her arms around his and placing his arm in between her well-sized bust, earning a small blush from the boy and an annoyed groan from the boy.

"H-Hey Felicia." The young man stuttered a bit much to the annoyance of her friend.

"Still having trouble sleeping?" She asked noticing the small bags underneath his eyes.

"A little... something's been on my mind this past week or so, I don't know why but it's been keeping me up, and hope this blows over soon." He said nonchalantly as she simply grinned.

Since encountering the cat thief he made it his mission to catch her, even running into her two other times since their first encounter but she always found a way to escape his grasp. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of frustration and annoyance at her ability to slip through his fingers. Initially, he thought their first meeting and her escape were mere luck and used cheap tricks to get away from him, but he also admitted to himself she knew how to fight to say the least. But after his next two times running into her, and despite his best efforts, she always seemed to be one step ahead, effortlessly matching his agility and combat prowess. It didn't help that she would throw flirtatious and suggestive remarks at him which for some reason would throw him off long enough for her to get the advantage on him or take that opportunity to flee. Now that he thought about it, that might be something he needs to work on...

"Something? Or... Someone?~" She asked as the trio reached the end of the hallway and made their way down the stairs.

"N-No, just having some issue sleeping is all." (Y/N) quickly said nervously.

"Sure.~" She said not believing him for a second, though as the two talked Gwen found herself walking behind the two and watched Felicia flirt with her crush and simply pouted before shoving her way in between the two and pushed her rival aside as they reached to end of the stairs.

"Anyways," Gwen began as the white-haired girl simply frowned and narrowed her eyes at her while (Y/N) let out a small unnoticeable sigh in relief. "As I was saying before I was interrupted, are you free tonight or this weekend? I'd like to go back to that retro arcade center?"

"Unfortunately I can't today, I have a few... errands to run for my mom and I want to get my homework done tonight if I can." (Y/N) said with a small sad smile much to Gwen's disappointment. "But this weekend I think I should be free so if you want to do anything then it should be good for me."

"Perfect, then when you're free this weekend shoot me a text and we'll meet up at Retro Arcade." She suggested with a hopeful smile, her mood brightened.