Part 5

That day, Y/n and Lin called their friend group to meet up in the same bar that Y/n and Michael celebrated breaking up in a year ago. Michael was still friends with Y/n. When everyone came to that bar, Y/n felt Lin's hand slipping out of her hand. He started talking, "So, everyone! We gathered y'all here because Y/n and I are now...wait."
He got on one knee and pulled out a small ring box, "Y/n, we haven't sorted this out properly, so this is a promise ring and would you be my girlfriend?"

She chuckled in denial, "Lin, that's too much. A ring? We- um- We don't even know if it's gonna last and it must've been expensive an-"

"Y/n, all you had to say was 'Yes, I will be your girlfriend.'" He said as a reminder of what she told him earlier.

She chuckled, "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

He slipped the ring onto her finger, got up, and held her hand. She whispered the words one more time and kissed him. He kissed her back and the whole group started to clap and cheer. Y/n smiled. She looked at Lin, then at the ring on her finger, then back at him. He understood that he wanted her to explain so he made a gesture that meant to wait until they were alone. She hugged him tightly and kept holding him. It was a very long hug in which she was sure Lin had trouble breathing. He kept his arms around her and they stayed like this for some time until Y/n decided to pull away. Lily, Y/n's closest friend - second closest before Lin became more than a friend - asked, "So, when and how did this happen?"

Lin answered, "We decided not to tell anyone and to let be our small special thing."

Lily smiled, "Aww! That's so cute!"

Y/n looked towards Lin and he smiled. He suddenly let her hand go and whispered in her ear, "Hey, I'm gonna go leave you and Lily some space?"

She whispered back, "You're awesome. Merci." She kissed him on the cheek then he walked away.

Lily then murmured a question to herself, "Was passierte?" (What happened?) Then she proceeded to talk in English but was interrupted by Y/n answering her question in German. Lily was shocked, "Eh, ein Moment. Du sprichst Deutsch?!" (Wait a minute, you speak German?!"

"Ja, Ich kann neun Sprachen sprechen." (Yeah, I can speak nine languages.)

"Echt?!" (Really?!)

"Ja, Deutsch, Englisch, Arabisch, Koptisch, Italienisch, Spanisch, Hebräisch, Französisch, und Griechisch." (Yeah, German, English, Arabic, Coptic, Italian, Spanish, Hebrew, French, and Greek)

"What the...!" Lily stared at Y/n.

"What?" Y/n chuckled.

"You know all this?!"

"Yeah..."

"Why and how did I not know?"

"I don't know why I'd tell you. It's irrelevant."

"Uh, does your boyfriend know you can speak Spanish?"

"No, why?"

"Y/n, didn't you know that Lin-Manuel Miranda is Puerto Rican?"

"Wait, really?!"

"Yeah!"

"Wow. I guess that, too, was irrelevant."

So is the topic of my past and my parents, I guess. Y/n thought.

The night went great. The news of Y/n and Lin spread out very quickly overnight. They kept getting congratulations from everyone. Even some of the professors who were closer to the friend group have heard the news and congratulated the couple. One day, Y/n took Lin to her dorm. She smiled, "Hey..."

Lin tilted his head in confusion and smiled, "Hi?"

"So...I heard you're from PR."

"Oh, sorry. I should've told you. I just didn't get a chance."

"Nah, it's okay. I just wanted to tell you...Yo hablo español." (I speak Spanish.)

"Wait, really?!" His eyes lit up with excitement, "Do you know any other languages?"

"I actually speak nine languages."

"What?! That's...wow!"

"I just don't think it's that impressive. I just know languages and I'm not the kind of person to make that my entire personality."

"Y/n, every day, I keep proving to myself that it was the best decision of my life when I asked you to be my girlfriend."

"You know I still don't want that expensive ring, right?"

"Y/n! We're over that! I like it."

"Okay, okay."

Lin leaned forward and gave Y/n a kiss on the cheek. They both then walked out of the dorm to go eat out.