Chapter 2

~X~

~ Helgen - Sundas, 17th of Last Seed, 4E 201 ~

"You were caught trying to cross the border, right?" Ralof continued. "Walked right into that Imperial ambushed, same as us, and that thief over there," he motioned his head toward said thief.

"Damn you Stormcloaks," the thief, Lokir, spat. "Skyrim was fine until you came along. Empire was nice and lazy. If they hadn't been looking for you, I could've stolen that horse and been halfway to Hammerfell."

I stayed quiet as I listened to the lines ripped straight from the game.

Lokir turned his head to me. "You two. We shouldn't be here! It's these Stormcloaks the Empire wants!"

I blinked when I heard something different.

"Two?" I said.

"Aye. The boy sitting next to you," Ralof answered.

I turned to my right and saw a boy, about fourteen, maybe fifteen years old, asleep. He had white hair and wore a black shirt, brown coat, black pants, and brown boots.

I was floored. It felt like I was hit with all the force of a speeding train because I recognized the boy right away.

Bell Cranel, the protagonist of Danmachi.

'What the hell is he doing here?!'

"You don't know him?" Ralof asked curiously. "He was found knocked out next to you."

"I don't... Well, there's one way to find out," I placed a hand on his shoulder and slowly shook him awake.

"Hm... what...?" Bell blearily opened his eyes. "I'm not dead?"

I raised an eyebrow at that. Why would Bell think he died?

Bell woke up more and took in his surroundings.

"W-Wait... What the heck! Where am I?!" he tried to move his arms but noticed his hands were bound. "What?!"

"Hey, calm down kid," I squeezed Bell's shoulder for reassurance. It seemed to work when he looked at me. "What's your name?"

"B-Bell Cranel."

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"I... I was fighting a minotaur," Bell said, and I saw the surprise on the other passengers' faces, even Ulfric. "I... It cornered me and... the last thing I remember seeing was its fist coming right at me. Everything went black after that. Next thing I know I woke up here."

Cornered by a minotaur... Was it the same minotaur that Ais saved him from in the anime? Although, from the way Bell described it, things went differently.

"Huh... You're very lucky to come out of that alive, lad," Ralof said. "Though, maybe unlucky too, considering we're now brothers and sisters in binds..."

"And what's with him?" Lokir looked at Ulfric. "Why is he the only one of us that's gagged."

"Watch your tongue!" Ralof immediately jumped to his leader's defense. "You're speaking to Ulfric Stormcloak, the true High King!"

"U-Ulfric? The Jarl of Windhelm?" Lokir went extremely pale. "Y-Y-You're the leader of the rebellion! But if they captured you..." he started to hyperventilate. "Oh gods... Where are they taking us?!"

"I don't know, but Sovengarde awaits," Ralof solemnly said.

"No! This can't be happening! This isn't happening!"