Chapter 1

~X~

~ Bruma - 4E 189 ~

You know... dying at the age of 28 to COVID-19 when we were past the pandemic was not how I thought I'd go.

Finding out that I was reborn in Tamriel, specifically the city of Bruma in Cyrodiil on the 1st day of Morning Star, 4E 182, was also completely unexpected. That I grew up in Castle Bruma as the adopted daughter of Count Desilus Carvain, his wife, Malaine Carvain, and younger sister of their first-born son and heir, Aldric, was one more unexpected fact.

And finally being the adopted older sister of Elisif Carvain, the future wife of High King Torygg was one last surprise. I had no idea she was born to the Count of Bruma, It was never mentioned in the game.

Also, yup, I said adopted.

Aldric was a carbon copy of Father.

Elisif had our mother's face and hair and our father's eyes.

I, on the other hand, had black hair and ice-blue eyes. Neither of my parents had those traits.

Also, Elisif and I were only six months apart. It is an obvious impossibility if one were to assume we share the same parents.

When I told them about these differences between us, they confirmed I was adopted, but they wouldn't tell me about my parents, just that my mother was a Nord. They said they would tell me when I was older.

Oh well. I'm in no rush to find out.

The next important event that happened was when I was seven. I found the family's Akaviri Collection. A previous Countess of Bruma, I think the one from Oblivion, was quite the avid collector of Akaviri artifacts.

My parents found me here and I expressed my interest in learning how to wield a Blades Sword, or katana as they are called in Akavir, lucky for me. Also, lucky for me, they found me a teacher. He was a former Blade. Although, I didn't find out about that until much later because the Thalmor was hunting the Blades. My teacher was relatively unknown for a Blade, so he was able to stay in Cyrodiil.

My teacher taught me many things, but the one I liked the most was when he taught me Iaijutsu. I seemed to have quite the talent because my teacher was astounded at my learning rate. Things that took someone months to learn, I picked up in a week. Things that took weeks, I learned in a day.

Aldric learned to wield a sword as opposed to the katana.

Elisif wasn't really one for fighting, no matter how much I tried to encourage her, but she at least learned the basics of a sword and knife.

~X~

~ 4E 192 ~

Three years later, when I was ten, I was already sparring with guard recruits and new guards and easily defeated them. It wasn't long before rumors of my prodigal talent made its way around the guards.

I wasn't able to beat the more veteran guards as they were much smarter with how they fought. Because I was only a kid, I had nowhere near as much stamina as they did. So, they simply fought defensively until I tired myself out while sneaking in some quick counterattacks when I was open.

Sparring against this defensive style had an interesting consequence. Because they would always go on the defensive, I had to find ways to break their guard before I ran out of stamina. One obnoxious guard thought it was fine to taunt a kid. After a while, the taunting got to me and I was pissed. Suddenly, this huge magical aura exploded from me and my physical strength and speed rose. With this boost, I moved fast enough that he couldn't react and stabbed him hard enough with my practice sword that it left a dent in his armor.