I clenched my fist, his words spoke truth, I know it deep down that he is right. I bit my lips, drawing blood, as I looked down, not knowing what words to say.

He sighed and poured the bottle he is holding into the glass, the sound made me look up, as the smell wafted inside the room. The wine he is pouring was different from the one earlier, instead of the red liquid, it was transparent, almost shining like that of clear diamonds.

"D-divine wine?" I muttered under bated breath, the smell alone was intoxicating, filling my senses with euphoric release. I gulped as my mouth started to salivate.

He didn't answer, instead he placed the glass on the table, right in front of me. My face reflected on the clear surface of the liquid as it danced inside the glass. "Drink."

I gulped at his words, my eyes staying at the drink in front of me. "If you can say the same thing after this, then I'll listen to you," he continued.

He then sat in front of me at the vacant seat. His eyes stared straight towards me, even though I'm only staring at the wine, I can feel his gaze.

I have to drink this... But can I fight myself after doing so? Can I still say those same words? Can I truly trust myself not to fall into temptation again?

My hands shakily reached for the glass. The cold touch sent shivers down my spine as anticipation filled my very being. My mind went blank... Can I truly do this?

"LILI!!!" Bell's voice echoed once again, and with it, a newfound resolve filled me with determination to face the challenge the god had placed in front of me. For Bell and the others, I must do it. I must take a leap of faith, faith that I can do it!

I closed my eyes and grabbed the glass, moving it to my lips, slowly yet surely, I steeled myself for whatever may come.

I felt the sweet taste of the wine enter my mouth; I could feel my mind going out with every sip. It was even more powerful than the last one. I chugged it down until nothing was left from the glass. Not even a drop...

Everything started to feel good, the rays of the sun that entered the window felt like the most serene sensation in the world, the blow of the cool air felt like sweet whispers, lulling me to relax... The world felt like it was spinning, as my body slowly started to shut down. And before I knew it... Everything went blank.

.
.
.
.
.

*3rd person pov*

Lili felt herself floating and drowning all at the same time; she couldn't explain the sensation, yet all she felt was a serene happiness. Like as if all her problems were washed away by the calm serenity of the wine.

Right now, there was nothingness, and for Lili, it felt good, bliss even, like being stuck in an extremely pleasant dream.

Everything was right in the world... Until she saw a familiar face in the vast nothingness. The face of Bell, looking at her with a smile. A smile that felt like it was telling her that she could do it.

'Do what exactly?' she thought to herself. 'It's probably nothing...' she pushed it out, as all she could think of right now was the pleasure she was receiving from drinking the wine.

"Lili." She heard her name being called. "I'm always here for you." Bell's voice sounded inside her head, snapping her out of the trance.

Soma, who sighed in disappointment, returned back to brewing his wine. That is until a small movement could be seen from the Pallum girl. 'She's fighting the effect,' he thought to himself, as he walked closer towards Lili.

"Pl-please..." Lili spoke in a shaky voice that caught the god off guard. "Please stop the fighting outside..." She begged with tears in her eyes, her face red from the effects of the alcohol, yet he was holding onto what little remained of her consciousness. "I-I want to help them... Please help them."

Soma looked at the young Pallum who was looking at him with so much sincerity and determination. Her voice had a fire that seemed to fight off the effects of the wine. "I DON'T NEED A GOD TO TELL ME!!! I DON'T NEED THE WORD OF A GOD TO KNOW!!! I WAS BORN FOR THIS VERY MOMENT!!! I HAVE LIVED A LIFE FULL OF MISTAKE AND REGRET, ALL FOR THIS MOMENT!!!" Her voice gained power as she cried in front of her god.

"And that moment is for me to help my friends... So please Lord Soma." Her voice softened, as she looked down, her head bowing to the ground in a dogeza pose. "PLEASE STOP THE FIGHT OUTSIDE!!!"

Soma looked at Lili, his face unreadable... Yet a small smile slowly rose from his face. Before he could speak, the door of his office flung open, as Zanis entered with an angry look on his face. He stopped momentarily as he took in the image inside the room, seeing his god standing in the middle of it while Lili was bowing low. He quickly put two and two together. "Lord Soma, whatever she is saying, don't listen to her. We are under att-"

"Shut up Zanis." Soma's voice was cold as he glared at the captain of his familia. He then grabbed the bottle of wine and walked towards the window. With a grunt, he threw it out towards the fighting down below, which made the adventurers stop as the sound of shattering filled their ears. "ENOUGH!!!" His voice cut through the tension as everyone looked up and saw the god looking down on them. "Stop the fighting."

Zanis had a look of disbelief on his face, his eyes morphed with different emotions as he processed what was happening. "No..." He muttered as his face slowly morphed to that of anger. "She got the apathetic God to move?" He glared at Lili with hate-filled eyes. He then pulled his sword out from its scabbard. "FINE THEN!!!"

He bellowed in anger as he charged towards Lili, fully intending to kill the Pallum. He might have lost but at least he'll get to kill the reason why. "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU AT LEAST!!!"

But before he could even take a step forward, an arrow whizzed past his left cheek, drawing blood. His eyes stared at the arrow with fear, especially since tied to the arrow was a rope. His eyes followed the rope and saw a figure scaling up; it was Bell, glaring at him with his two daggers at the ready.

"FUCKING BASTARD!!! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!" He screamed as he swung his sword at the incoming adventurer, only for Bell to dodge his sloppy blow. Zanis was never really a fighter and was more of a schemer.

His sword didn't even touch a hair on Bell, and before he could react, Bell reversed the grip of his dagger as he pummeled Zanis with the butt of his weapon, straight to his glasses and nose. Breaking it in one strike. He then swept his legs with a powerful kick to his calf, and finished him off striking down his elbow at Zanis' abdomen. The captain of Soma familia didn't even see it coming.

Lili watched it all happen in an instant, her eyes glued to Bell's back as the young man stared down at the unconscious antagonist. "B-Bell?"

Bell looked behind him and saw Lili, her face was red, eyes swollen and puffy. 'She had been crying,' Bell thought to himself and bit his lips, he glared at the man he had just knocked out with hatred, and then back at Lili. He then walked towards her and kneeled down to her level, his hand rose as he patted her head. "Sorry I'm late... I'm here now though."

Lili's eyes began to fill with water as tears started to stream down. She moved forward, hugging Bell and bellowing out loud cries. Cries of relief, thanks... And hope... As once again, the young adventurer had filled Lili with hope.

.
.
.
.
.

At a distance too far to see, Froke stood on top of a building with a relaxed stance. She took a deep breath as she placed her bow snugly behind her back. She smiled at the reunion between Bell and Lili and the victory they had achieved in today's mission of rescuing Lili.

She then turned towards the mountains, where the war games between Heracles and Apollo familia were happening.

"I've done my part, August, Denki..." She muttered as she leaned on the wall. "Now make sure you two come back safe with everyone."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Chapter 139 is now complete. How are you all enjoying the story so far?

Please leave a comment, review, and feedback to help me improve this fanfic. Every little thing helps me understand your preferences and will contribute to writing a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

Thank you for following this fanfic. I hope you're enjoying it.

Have a good day, everyone. Love y'all.