diary entry | may. 10, 2024

so i talked about this girl at work, who i believe is copying me... that sounds in vain, and i feel like people will think i'm full of myself -because why would people be copying me, i'm not that important- but pleaseeeeeeee hear me out-

i already told y'all about the sweater and makeup situation, and just little things that she keeps doing to copy me. well, we're currently on lunch break, and this girl sits next to me, my exact make up look on her face, even the shades, and she's done her hair the same slick-back pony i've been doing for the past week. (don't judge, we all have bad hair weeks), anyways, so she pulls out her lunch and it's literally the same lunch. like, the. same.

this might sound too over-the-top, but this girl never brings lunch from home, like ever. there's a bagel shop down the street and she always just gets a cream cheese bagel every time, but last week me and my co-workers were talking about those tiktok lunchbox videos, where people prepare their partner/kids' lunches, and suddenly the conversation trickled into us rating each other's lunches. it was my turn to be rated, and i usually always bring a couple cheese cubes, crackers, grapes, and hummus, to make my own little charcuterie board. this girl rated my lunch a 2/10 (two out of ten), and then sat there, the entire lunch break, asking me about the different cheeses, and what brand hummus, and crackers i was eating.

guess what she's eating for lunch, right this second, as i'm typing this...? the. same. thing.

what's creepier is that she's kind of mirroring me. like- okay this sounds absolutely crazy but, our work place gives us free drinks to choose from, and i mostly go for the simply lemonades, specifically the strawberry one, which she never gets, because she's only ever drinking a diet coke, so she comes to grab her drink with me, and reaches for the strawberry lemonade, fills her cup as much as i do, and returns to the table the same exact moment i do.

am i crazy? is this normal? i felt it was too self-centred to think this way, but if i've noticed it, surely something's up, right?

there's more! i drink one of those small bottles of kefir everyday, because gut health duh, and the first day i pulled it out she went "ew, you drink those?" and i laughed about it, being like; "yeah! it's actually really good, and it's healthy for you."

anyways, after that day, she always brings a kefir with her. the weird thing is that she doesn't even drink it. she opens the bottle, and then puts it on the table, and throws it in the trash once the break is over.

she literally just did it again oh my goddddddd. it's just sitting in front of her. i don't think she likes the taste. i don't know if i'm just a very paranoid person, or if this is all valid... i don't know what to feel lol.

but listen -of course there's more-, yesterday, one of my co-workers, his name is miles, invited me and a couple other friends to a little get-together to celebrate the end of week 1 (one) of a pretty heavy schedule we're under. obviously that girl was invited as well -i just realized i haven't been using her name, so i'm just going to because they don't know i'm on wattpad anyways-, her name is candace, (which, even her name freaks me out now, because it's kind of similar to mine.)

at first, candace told miles she doesn't want to go, (the get-together is tomorrow, by the way.) she's never really talks to the rest of us, so we weren't surprised, but miles didn't want her to be left out so he insisted, and was like; "come on! we're all going." and then he started naming all of us, and so named me as well. he was like; "conni's coming too-" and the minute he said my name, candace turns to him and is like; "okay! i'll come too!"

so anyways, miles asks a couple other people too, and while he was gone, candace looked at me, smiling, and she literally asked me; "do you want me to tell miles you're coming too, or did he ask you already?"

i was so confused because our desks are not that far apart, so i though she knew i heard miles inviting her, but then she acted like he invited her first- i really have no idea what her plan was there...?

but anyways so i told her; "oh he invited me already." and candace just like... laughed and then went back to work?????

please i need to know if i'm going crazy. i've been yapping about this to thereisaspideraround all weeeeeeeekkkk but i need a couple other opinions.

have y'all ever experienced something like this?