•|| Soft and Sweet ||• (Mermay 2024)

Prompt 4: Soft and Sweet
Featuring: Killer, *Cocoa, and *Creme!
Ship(s): None
Summary: Teaching Creme how to eat a crab.
Warning(s): Eating a crab. F in the comments for poor Crabby boi.

____________________________________________________________

"AAAAAHHHH, STARFISHING DAMN IT!!!"

Killer flinched when he heard a high-pitched voice curse so loudly, then he quickly lashed his tail back and forth to swim towards the source as he recognized it as one of the pup's voices.

Upon arriving at the distressed pup's location, he couldn't help but chuckle when he saw Creme wrestling with a crab in frustration. The poor little octopus kept getting pinched by the crab pincers every time they tried to bite it, and it was clearly pissing them off.

The fins on the sides of their head flicked angrily as they lunged at the crab again, wrapping their small tentacles all around it as they fruitlessly attempted to take a bite out of the hard shell. They quickly retreated again with tears in their eyesockets when they wound up getting pinched. Again.

Abrupt giggles from nearby caught both Creme and Killer's attention, and they looked to see Cocoa watching Creme attempt to eat the crab. Creme let out a quiet snarl, their tentacles twitching as they glared at Cocoa. "The abyss are you laughing at?!"

Killer backed up into the shadows of the cave to stay out of sight as Cocoa flicked their fins and swam up to Creme, a smug look already adorning their face. "That's not how you do it, you dumb isopod."

"As if you know how to 'correctly' eat it!" Creme snarked back, crossing their arms as they pouted. They kept using their tentacles to pull the crab back towards them every time it tried to run away though.

"Well, I know it's definitely not the way you were trying." Cocoa responded bluntly, which earned them a swat from Creme.

As the twins continued bickering with each other, Killer swam out of hiding and drifted over to the two little octopi. "Do you really wanna know how to properly eat a crab?" He purred in amusement, hearing a startled squeak from both pups as they whirled around to face him.

"Yes, prove them wrong--!"

"No, I don't need help!" Creme quickly snapped back, talking right over their sibling. They lunged at the crab yet again, picking it up and angrily bashing it against a sharp rock that they found. "Stupid son of a blobfish! Why! Won't! It! Just! DIEEE?!"

"Hey, hey, hey. No need for that kind of language." Killer scolded Creme, but he didn't sound too stern.

"But you say those words all the time." Cocoa pointed out, crossing their arms and raising a bonebrow as they stared at Killer.

"True, but I don't want your other parents knowing that I taught you those things." Killer shrugged, then swam closer to Creme when he saw that they were still struggling with the crab. "Here, just let me help."

That earned an indignant hiss and a couple nips from Creme, but he didn't back down and instead took the crab from the pup. Surprisingly enough, Creme didn't attempt to take it back. Instead, they sat down on the ground and crossed their arms as they pouted.

"Hey, hey, pay attention!" Killer snapped his fingers to get both of the pups to watch him, then he proceeded to take apart the crab. First ripping the legs off, popping the t-shaped shell part on the underbelly, prying off the hard top shell, then pulling out the gills and filtering organs before finally pulling out some of the actual meat too.

The twins watched in wide-eyesocketed awe as he taught them how to dissect the crab, and they were eager to reach out and try the meat when he handed them both equal portions.

"Woahhh, this is actually soft!" Cocoa spoke first, gently squishing the meat in their hands out of curiosity.

"An' 's swee'!" Creme's comment came out muffled as they had already stuffed their mouth full of the crab meat, but they were clearly enjoying it too.

Killer just gave an entertained smirk as he cracked open the large claws, then hesitated as he heard hissing again. He looked over to see the twins already fighting over who would get the most crab.

Sku, children were a handful and a half.

____________________________________________________________

Cocoa and Creme are two of the shiver's four canon pups, lol-

Oneshot by me.
Leviathantale by @skumhuu on Tumblr.
Mermay 2024 Bingo by @skumhuu on Tumblr.