chapter 2 - searching for the answer

William pov

After Isaiah gave me that book, I opened and I saw the symbols that the news was talking about.

William: Isaiah, do you know where the boss found this book?

Isaiah: he never told me where he got it, he just knew it was related to the bounty we are trying to do.

For some reason it feels like I have seen these symbols before other than the news but I can't recall where.

William: I will look more into this book but in the meantime we can work on getting others for this bounty.

3 hours later

Me and Isaiah were looking for other bounty hunters that were probably interested in it.

Some of them looked at the reward and then they saw how good it is by doing this bounty but they said when the reward is that big it is most likely a dangerous bounty.

Most didn't what to take the risk but only a few were interested.

Then me and Isaiah caught up with each other.

William: were you able to find anyone that wants to take part of this bounty?

Isaiah: no I have not, but the boss recommended Ally and she didn't give a answer whether she wanted join or no.

William: ok while you find others I'll start trying to translate these symbols on the book.

The sun started to set as me and Isaiah were getting off of work.

William: hey Isaiah are you trying to take the bus home?

Isaiah: not really, and besides I just might take to ally a bit more about that bounty thing and she is most likely at the local bar so that's where I am going.

William: well, you go do that and try and get others as well while I work on trying to figure out what the symbols mean.

Me and Isaiah part ways as I walk home and Isaiah goes to talk to Ally.

30 minutes later

I made it home and I feel so tired for some reason, so I walk inside of my house and I locked the door behind me.

As soon as I got inside I set me equipment down on the couch and go to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

I looked in the freezer and I had some pizza so I put the oven on preheat and I waited until my oven beeps, but in the meantime while I wait I grab that book Isaiah gave me and opened it.

I was flipping through the pages looking at the symbols and then I saw a picture.

The picture looks like a forest with odd looking trees to it.

William: how strange?

I hear the oven beep and it was done preheating.

William: oh got to put the pizza in the oven.

After I set the pizza in the pan and put it in the oven, I set a timer in case.

In the meantime I took a sleeping pill and I took a soda out the fridge.

15 minute timeskip