FOUR

Donghyuck had just finished cleaning his apartment when his cell phone rang, he picked it up and looked to see who was calling and it was his friend Jaemin and he immediately answered it.

"Yes Jaemin? Good morning?", he greeted her while still holding a broom in one hand and supporting his entire body with his left foot.

"Morning, Donghyuck. I heard that you and Taeyong met last night? I was planning for us all to meet at my place to celebrate. Taeyong is really happy to see you again", Jaemin indicated on the other line, which pleased Donghyuck to hear.

"Sure, but I might be late. Our manager at the coffee shop has scheduled a meeting for tonight at 7pm," he answered his friend worriedly.

"It's okay. We'll pick you up once you're done with your meeting. Just call us, okay?", reminded the friend.

"Okay, but I might as well go home right away because I have work tomorrow", Donghyuck heard his friend sighing on the other line.

"Hyuckie. Don't worry about that too much. Taeyong actually already talked to your manager who is also his friend and begged you to be absent first, because he hasn't seen you in a long time and your manager agreed but you still need to attending a meeting.", Donghyuck let out a laugh at what Jaemin said. Donghyuck has a feeling that Taeyong might do that just so they can be together for a long time.

"You'll all sleep over here later and you might as well don't forget to bring your clothes haha", the friend reminded Donghyuck with a laugh.

"Alright alright. I won't forget that", the two friends said goodbye and hung up. Donghyuck started preparing things that he would bring later to Jaemin's house.

🐻

Donghyuck is already at the coffee shop and they have started their meeting.

"This is good news team. Our sales are increasing this year and we should thank Donghyuck for being a good team leader and leading the team on the right path.", Johnny said proudly and his colleagues applauded.

"Thank you, but it's not just because of me that our sales are increasing. We all did our best to get to that position and I'm grateful that the hard work we've worked for hasn't been lost", he corrected Johnny's statement and everyone they nodded, agreeing with what Donghyuck said.

"That's the spirit Donghyuck. We'll always do our best to increase our sales again", said one of their colleagues. Not long after, Johnny and the rest of their colleagues finished the meeting and said their goodbyes and went home. Donghyuck has already messaged Jaemin to pick him up at the café.

"I didn't know that you and Taeyong were close friends", suddenly mentioned Johnny who was already at Donghyuck's side. The latter smiled at the aforementioned name and nodded.

"Yes. We just got separated when my parents passed away and I haven't heard from him since then", Donghyuck didn't even show it but Johnny noticed that his face and the tone of his speech changed when he mentioned the passing of his parents.

"But look, you finally met again and that's the important thing, Hyuck", Johnny changed the subject. Donghyuck just nodded and smiled.

Not long after, a car just arrived parked in front of the café and Donghyuck thought it might be Jaemin. He quickly took his things and said goodbye to Johnny.

When Donghyuck came out, he almost screamed in shock when the person he expected to pick him up at the café was not his friend.

"S-Sir. What are you doing here? Where is Jaemin?", he asked politely which caused the man to laugh.

"Please, just call me Mark and to answer your question, your friend ditched you and I was the one they ordered to pick you up.", Minhyung explained to the younger man who still looked shocked. It's dark but Donghyuck's glowing face is still clear to Mark. When he first saw Donghyuck, he thought she was a woman and knowing that he was a man, he couldn't believe it. She is too beautiful to be a man. No offense but Donghyuck looks ethereal.

"Let's go? They might think that I took you somewhere", Mark said with a laugh, trying to erase the thought he had earlier about Donghyuck.

The ride to Jaemin's house was quiet, the only noise was the music Mark was playing inside his car.

"How many years have you and Jaemin known each other?", Mark suddenly asked.

"Maybe 10-11 years", Donghyuck answered briefly and looked outside the car. Mark hummed as a response, indicating that he heard Donghyuck's answer.

"I heard that you and Jaemin will graduate from college in two weeks. Any plans after you graduate or are you still thinking about it?", he asked again to remove the awkwardness between them. Donghyuck has also thought about what he will do after he graduates but it looks like he hasn't made a final decision yet.

"Hmm. Maybe I'll still work at the coffee shop and try to save up to work abroad or in a company", Donghyuck casually answered the older man's question.

"I have a friend who works in a company and maybe I can refer you to her", he said to Donghyuck. There is a part in Donghyuck's heart that he is getting comfortable with Mark's presence and that is good because they might become friends eventually.

"Thank you, but I'll think about it first and ask Jaemin what he'll do after our graduation", he thanked the latter with a smile. Mark saw the younger man smiling in his peripheral vision and thought that, except for the delicious drinks and food at the coffee shop where Donghyuck works, those smiles are also one of the reasons why their coffee shop is so popular. That's the brightest and most beautiful smile he's ever seen.