THREE

Donghyuck is thankful because he has two days off and he doesn't have school on Monday and Tuesday because it's a holiday, so instead of just sleeping all day in his apartment, he decided to go grocery shopping because there was only a little food inside his refrigerator.

He just took a quick shower and dressed in comfortable clothes and put on a thick coat because it was cold outside. He was lucky that he booked a taxi right away to get on.

When he arrived at the mall, he immediately took a rather small cart and started shopping for the things he would need for his apartment.

After he finished shopping, he felt hungry so he first went to a coffee shop inside the mall and had a small snack. While he was busy scrolling on his phone, someone suddenly sat down in the empty seat in front of him where he was sitting and eating. When he lifted his head to look at the person his eyes narrowed as he was obviously trying to remember what his name was. The man laughed at Donghyuck's reaction when he placed what he ordered in front of him.

"You're so cute.", he said and bit the bagel he ordered while crossing his legs. Donghyuck cleared his throat and looked at the man.

"Excuse me, but who are you again?", he asked laughing and obviously embarrassed. The man smiled as he extended his hand and Donghyuck immediately accepted it.

"I am Jaehyun. Jung Jaehyun.", he introduced himself and Donghyuck nodded while taking his hand off away from Jaehyun.

"My apologies. I'm really bad at memorizing the names of people I meet.", he blurted out and took a few sips of his coffee.

"Hey. I just want to apologize for what my friend did yesterday. You know, the guy with baggy pants? Even if you don't admit it, I know what he said hurt you.", he admitted and Donghyuck just showed forced smile.

"It's not a big of a deal and to be honest, I'm used to it so it's not that new to me to be called like that, but I just want to make it clear that I'm not involved in such activities. It's just that I'm just too lazy to socialize with other people .", he admits and looks outside the café.

"Anyways, what are you doing here? Is it your day off?", Jaehyun asked and looked at the cafe door when he heard it open.

"I just bought some necessities for my apartment. How about you?", he asked casually.

"I'm waiting for my boyfriend and a friend.", she answered with a smile on her lips as she greeted the two men who had just entered the café.

Donghyuck, this is Taeyong, my boyfriend. Taeyong, this is Donghyuck, a fri...", what Jaehyun was about to say was cut off when Taeyong squealed when he saw the brown man in front of him and immediately hugged him.

"Hyuckiee. How have you been? You changed a lot when we last met. I missed you so much my Hyuckie.", Taeyong admitted to the boy as if crying. Donghyuck hugged Taeyong back and smiled slowly.

"I've been doing good, Taeyong.", he answered with a happy voice. Donghyuck's eyes turned to the other man who was with Taeyong and he tried to prevent his face from showing displeasure to the man and only showed a raw smile.

"Good to see you here, Sir", he greeted her, clearly annoyed by the man's presence. It's Minhyung. It was the first time that he immediately recognized someone he had only seen once, not because he showed him kindness but because he showed him bad behavior.

The four boys, or let's say Donghyuck and Taeyong wasted their time talking that they didn't even notice the time. They haven't seen each other for six years and now is their chance to talk about the things that happened to them both.

"Hyuckie, we're going to take you to the apartment because it's already quite dark.", Taeyong asked while linking arms with the younger boy whose name was mentioned.

"Thank you, Yongie but I'm good. My apartment is close and I can just reach there just by grabbing a taxi." Donghyuck reasoned his way out and smiled at the older man.

"We insist. I mean, Jaehyun and I are going somewhere but Minhyung will take you to your apartment. It's fine with you, right, Minhyungie?", Taeyong asked but there was a threat in his voice so he just said yes and nodded while opening the door of his car for Donghyuck and looked at Taeyong who now had an ear-to-ear smile and seemed to indicate if it was really okay to go with the said boy. Taeyong nodded and Minhyung came closer to Donghyuck and took what he was carrying that he bought earlier. The latter moved them away and looked at the man in front of him as if confused by his actions. Minhyung sighed at what the boy did and pointed to the things he was carrying.

"I'll just put those in the back of the car", Donghyuck bent slightly to look at what he brought and bit his lip in shame.

"N-No. I'll just carry it", he stuttered and Minhyung didn't do anything so he got into the car and Donghyuck followed him. They said their goodbyes to the lovers and the two left for Donghyuck's apartment.

When the two men arrived in front of Donghyuck's apartment, the younger man immediately thanked Minhyung for taking him to his place and said man just nodded. Donghyuck was about to leave when Minhyung suddenly grabbed him by the arm, so he immediately turned around and wore a confused look.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean it", he reasoned and couldn't look directly into Donghyuck's eyes. The said man just nodded and smiled at the man.

"Forget it. I just wasn't in the mood yesterday so I acted like that and suddenly left", he smiled while looking at Minhyung. She didn't get a good look at the man yesterday because he was wearing a cap but he was handsome, his hair was done, he was dressed well, he smelled good and he looked like he just came from work.

"Uhm...You can leave now, Sir. It's getting late and cold." Minhyung laughed when Donghyuck called him. Too formal.

"Just call me, Mark.", Donghyuck's chest suddenly tightened when he heard him speak and laughed. Mark said goodbye to Donghyuck and drove his car down the peaceful road while the younger man was still outside, waiting for the car driven by the man he was with earlier to disappear from his sight. So much happened today that Donghyuck couldn't get rid of his smile because he saw his best friend that he hadn't seen for a long time and he also had the opportunity to talk to his companions even if only for a short time. He will tell his friend Jaemin about this when they meet again and hopefully, he will also bring his boyfriend Jeno so that the three of them can talk to each other.