Buransh- A Tale Of 1980s

Continued....

After few Days...

"Bahu bana diya na sab kuch acche se?" Anubhav's mother asked Haseena, who had just returned yesterday from her Maasi's home after attending her cousin's wedding.

"Ji maa ji, bana diya hai par aap mujhse itna Sare mithai banawa kyu Rahi hai?" Haseena asked hesitantly.

"Arey re..(slapping her forehead) main toh tumhe batana bhool gyi, tumhare Maasi ji Ghar jaane ke baad Anu ka taar aaya tha, ki woh aaj ghar aane wala hai..!" Maa said, surprising Haseena.

"Sach mein?" She asked happily. Maa nodded with a smile.

"Par mujhe toh bataya hi nhi tha chiththi mein" She mumbled

"Bhai sahab kabhi bhi Anu ko lekar aate hi hongey, isliye ab jakar jaldi se taiyar ho jao tum, uske samne bilkul dulhan ki tarah jana, accha lagta hai Pati ko..!" Maa suggested with a soft smile. Haseena nodded with a shy smile and went to her room.

She opened her wooden trunk, took out a beautiful red cotton saree with an orange border, and changed into it.

She then tied her long hair into a braid that resembled a snake gracefully moving on her back as she walked. She adorned herself with glass bangles, new anklets with more ghungroo, applied kajal to her eyes, and put sindoor in her hairline and then covered her forehead as she can't go in front of her elder without pallu on her head.

A few moments later, her heart raced as her brother-in-law's children shouted, "Chacha aa gaye..!" She wanted to run out of the room to see him, but she had to compose herself as she was in her in-laws' house.

Meanwhile, Anubhav had reached home. His eyes started searching for his wife as his family welcomed him happily. Finally, they called for Haseena.

"Chhoti Bahu, Anu ke liye Pani ke aao..!" His Badi maa said to Haseena. Haseena glided gracefully from her room to the kitchen, her anklets chiming in perfect harmony with each step. The enchanting melody they created resonated throughout the house, filling the air with a captivating rhythm that seemed to dance along with her every movement.

As Anubhav turned to see her, his view was blocked by his sister-in-law, who stood with the pallu of her saree delicately draped over her head, smiling sweetly at him. He returned the smile, concealing his underlying sadness. However, his momentary respite from sorrow didn't last long. Haseena soon approached him, carrying a steel glass filled with water and a piece of jaggery in a bowl, all placed on a steel plate.

His eyes were fixated on her, even though her face was still veiled by the pallu of her saree, yet he could imagine how beautiful she looked in that red saree.

"Ji Pani..!" She said sweetly, snapping him back to reality. He took the jaggery and had it with water, then glanced again at Haseena, who was standing near his mother.

"Chhoti Bahu, apne Pati ke nahane ke liye Pani garam kar do chulhe par aur phir khana bana dena garam garam..!" Anubhav's badi maa instructed Haseena. This caused both Anubhav and Haseena's smiles to vanish as they realized they wouldn't have a chance to meet personally in the room before night.

"Nhi bahu rehne do tum, main Anu ke liye Pani garam kar deti hoon aur khana bhi main bana dungi waise bhi subah se tum kaam hi kar rahi ho..!" Maa said sweetly, causing Anubhav and Haseena smile. Haseena nods.

"Hum tab tak thoda aaram kar lete hai..!" Anubhav said with a smile, his gaze lingering on Haseena as if he was giving her a hint to come with him. He then walked to his room with his bag.

"Jao chhotki, devar ji ko dekho tum.." Her sister-in-law said teasingly. Haseena shyly nodded and went to her room.

In There Room,