Chapter 13

Tuesday Morning, May 23rd, 2023: 11:15 A.M

Jihyo's POV

Finally being in a romantic relationship after five years is a strange feeling. I thought I would be more apprehensive but seeing Tzuyu kiss who I am certain is her girlfriend really changed my heart. I still have some reservations, but I think that it is just part of moving on with my life and starting this new chapter of my story.

Since it was quite late at night when we became official, Sejeong and I just got ready for sleep and hopped into bed together. Sejeong was a bit hesitant with how intimate she was allowed to be when it came to cuddling which is funny considering it wasn't the first time we had fallen asleep in each other's arms. I am still not fully used to being the little spoon, but it felt nice when Sejeong gently wrapped her arms around me in a protective manner.

I woke up yesterday with Sejeong missing from bed. I was planning to wake up early to go back home since I did not have my work clothes at Sejeong's apartment. I was pleasantly surprised to walk out to the living room to find breakfast spread out on the dining table.

What made the scene better was the fact that Sejeong was wearing glasses while working on her laptop. She looked very hot and mature. It is still a strange contrast to me considering how silly she can be with her jumping to the negative conclusion. For the lack of a better term, her "dumbness" is kind of cute.

I decided to sneak up on Sejeong and wrapped my arms around her. She jumped a bit before realizing that it was me. She giggled while pulling my arms closer to her before leaning to the side to give me a kiss on the cheek. I reciprocated the kiss before sitting down across from Sejeong.

The two of us ate the breakfast that Sejeong had prepared after she put her laptop away. I must admit, it was quite delicious and beyond anything I could make for myself. I cleaned up to do my part before getting ready to leave. Sejeong gave me a bag of food that smelled divine and said that it was for my lunch. I beamed with a smile before leaning in for a quick kiss and then quickly leaving the apartment, leaving behind a stunned Sejeong.

"Earth to Jihyo~~~" Nayeon's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I jumped slightly and realized that Nayeon and Jeongyeon had entered my office at some point, "Sorry?"

"Alright," Jeongyeon said before placing her hands on her hips, "Spill, what happened?"

"W-w-what do you mean?" I questioned innocently.

"We know something is up. You were more upbeat than usual yesterday and you are now back to completely ignoring us when we are in front of you. Now spill it. What happened?" Nayeon questioned in an interrogative manner.

I let out a sigh as I looked up to make sure no one was outside before leaning in a little, "Sejeong and I have been official as of Sunday n-n-night," I whispered.

"Oh. My. God," Nayeon said after a minute of silence had formed before beaming into a bright smile, "Why didn't you tell us about this yesterday?!" she questioned with both excitement and anger.

Jeongyeon nodded her head approvingly before walking over to me and smacking me on the back, "Congratulations! As much as I want to interrogate you, which we will 100 percent do later, we have a board meeting to attend. Are you ready?"

I cleared my throat as I recoiled from Jeongyeon's smack which felt as painful as how it looks when Nayeon does it to Jeongyeon, "Yes, let's get going. I still don't know why I need to be there though. I am not even a board member."

Nayeon chuckled, "You play an important role in what we will be discussing today."

The three of us made our way to the boardroom where all the board members were already present waiting for us. I took my seat in an empty spot as Nayeon and Jeongyeon sat at the head of the table. I really hated going to these meetings, which I only went to once in a blue moon at the request of Nayeon and Jeongyeon, as it was a waste of time for me almost every single time. A lot of the members made the meetings go round and round, eating up time that I could spend working on designs or my modeling.