35. Heal Together.

We were leaving Canada today and heading back to LA. We had to go back on tour in a few days and all I could think about was Aunt Carol.

We said goodbye to Justin's family and headed to the airport. Aunt Carol was with us but she was quiet. She was pale and slept the entire way to the airport.

When we got there, we requested a wheelchair as I rolled her through the private airport. We were finally entering the plane and my eyes next left Aunt Carol. Justin and I helped her onto the bed Justin had in his plane as she let out an exhausted moan.

I shut my eyes, wishing that she didn't have to go through this pain.

It was a long plane ride that was filled with silence. There wasn't much to say and I didn't want to say anything. Justin just sat by my side the entire time.

Once we landed, Aunt Carol was taken back to the hospital and I went to Justin's house. We didn't say much on his way to his house either. I stayed shut and he didn't question it.

I just wanted to be back in bed and take a nap so I can shut my mind off and be able to escape for a few hours.

Once we got to his house, he opened the front door and I trudged inside.

"I-I'm gonna go take a nap." I croaked and jogged up the steps. I went into Justin's room and started to strip off my clothes. I pulled on one of his sweats and kept my tank top on.

I swam into the sheets and let out a soft groan, letting my eyes shut.

...

I looked down at my little feet that I swung back and forth. I had been waiting for Aunt Carol to pick me up for an hour now and my teachers were getting restless. I let out a sigh and looked up at them.

"She'll be here... I promise." My 11 year old voice cracked and looked back at the road in front of me. Today was the last day of elementary school and she promised she would be here to pick me up, just like every other day.

Josh ran up to me a few minutes later, out of breath and trying to say something. "Josh? What is it?" I exclaimed, confused and worried.

"Come with me and my mom. Carol is in the hospital."

My eyes widened and I quickly got up, throwing a worthless wave to my teachers as I followed him to his mom's car. I kept asking questions but Josh's mom didn't know anything, just that she was in the hospital.

The car came to a screeching halt and I jumped out, not paying attention to anything else around me. Josh and his mom followed behind me and I reached the front desk.

"My aunt, Carol Anderson is here! What's wrong with her? Where is she?" I panicked. I was in a state of panic because I knew she was sick, but I didn't know it was serious enough to have her in the hospital.

Josh's mom came up behind me.

"Please, can you tell us what room Carol Anderson is in?" she asked, much calmer than how I was acting. The lady nodded and looked at me with sympathy.

"Floor 5, room 509." she spoke and I was off to the elevators.

"Skylar, slow down!" Josh and his mom called for me but I couldn't. I needed to make sure she was okay. I needed her to be okay. I pressed the button and it took a few moments, allowing them to catch up to me.

We walked into the elevator once it came and I punched the fifth floor. Once we were there, I dashed out. The lady working the office on that floor called out for me but I rushed down the hall looking for room 509.

Once I saw the spread of numbers, I pushed open her door and looked to see her lying there. She was still and her skin was much paler. I felt my breathing get heavier as I slowly approached her and the door shut behind me.

She turned her head as she saw me and let out a sigh.

"Skylar... I'm so sor-" I cut her off as I ran to her and hugged her tightly. I buried my face in her chest and couldn't pull myself away from her.

"It's okay Aunt Carol... It's okay."

...

I felt myself being shook awake and looked to see all my girls Sophia, Audrey, Isabelle, Jasmine and Val. I was confused but quickly smiled as they all hugged me at once.

"Girl you've been knocked out for hours now... We got here at 3." Jasmine exclaimed. I looked over by the TV and saw it was already 7. I blinked rapidly and gave them a small smile and shrugged.

"Sorry... Just had a lot on my mind." I muttered. Val and Audrey rubbed my back as they all cooed. "Girl it's alright. We're gonna be back on tour and we will all have a good time so you don't have to worry, okay?" Sophia said and I completely forgot.

We go back on tour a few days from now and I can't believe I forgot. My head has been spinning lately and I couldn't keep my mind on a single thought.

How could I go back on tour with Aunt Carol this sick? I can't just leave her here.

"I forgot... I have to think about it..." I said, biting my bottom lip. "Wait, think about what?..." Isabella asked, knowing what I meant but not wanting to actually think that I was backing out of the second leg of the tour.

"Guys I don't know... She's sick again, really sick. I don't think I can leave her. What if something happens and I'm all the way in a different country. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for it." I said, looking down at my hands.

"Sky, we all have our own problems. Some not as big as yours and some even bigger than yours. I'm pretty sure Carol wouldn't want you to throw away your dream because of her." Val spoke up as the rest of them nodded.

I let out a sigh. She was right. I knew Aunt Carol wouldn't let me back out of touring because she was sick. She was always thinking of me.

There was a light knock on the door and then it opened, revealing Justin. I weirdly felt relieved. I wanted him to be close to me and hold me. I gave him the cold shoulder the entire day.

"Baby." He said, walking over to me once he realized I was up. I gave him a small smile and he wrapped his arms around me as I wrapped them around his neck.

"We'll leave you two alone." Audrey said as they giggled and all walked out of the room, closing the door behind them.

"Everyone on tour is downstairs. They wanted to surprise us since we got back. Also, they heard about Carol." he said, sitting next to me. I took his hand in mine and I felt my heart flutter from how amazing and right it felt with his hand in mine.

"Justin... I don't know if I can go back on tour. I can't leave her." I said, feeling guilty as if I was disappointing him.

"Sky, I know you feel like staying here with her is going to help... But separating yourself from things and people that make you happy will only make the situation worse. If anything happens while your away, I will send you on the first plane back. Don't throw everything away baby. We will get through this together, we will heal together, all of us. We are right by your side." he said, never removing his eyes from mine.

I leaned in, pressing my lips to his and feeling the same things I always did when I kissed him. My stomach flipped, my heart sped up and I felt safe. I felt him playing with my hair and I softy pulled away from the kiss, pressing my forehead against his.

"You always know what to say." I said, both of us smiling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: sorry this chapter sucks, it's sort of a filler. Also I wrote it and didn't go back to edit it so sorry if it's messy too. Next chapter will be pretty jam packed with stuff, so get ready.

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY "SAVE ME". SO FAR THERE ARE TWO CHAPTERS UP. VOTE AND COMMENT ON THAT STORY FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER OF DANCE WITH ME!

Love you guys lots! <3

Twitter: @avonsdreamx_