New companion

This is my first one shot in a while so bear with me (I might get the writing format wrong too)

You sigh, Kinito had been constantly trying to get you to stay with him, as he doesn't understand what work is. You begin searching something up on your computer. Kinito just sits there and watches you, "What are you doing, friend?" He asks, but you ignore him slightly.

After a few searches you find what you need. You click the link. Then you click download. You talk with Kinito while you wait for it to download. Once it downloads, a small present appears at the bottom of your screen. You look at the present and click on it, like you did with Kinito when you first downloaded him. A quiet meow escaped from the box and a small animation played of it opening.

"What is that?" Kinito looks up at you, or well, your cursor. "it's a cat to keep you company when I'm away at work" *He looked a bit annoyed but kind of poked the cat. It meowed in response. He poked it again. It meowed again. This went on for a few minutes before the cat just turned around. You look at Kinito to see what he would do. "Hey! Come back" He followed the cat and picked it up. After a few minutes the digital cat was making a purring sound. Kinito seemed to be busy hanging out with the cat so you told him you'd be getting off and surprisingly he just responded with a nod.

The next morning you felt a sense of calm as you got up and got changed for work. Finally you could actually work without feeling guilty for leaving Kinito alone. You got into your car and began to drive to work.

When you come home and opened your computer you see Kinito still play with the cat. You smile and turn off the computer again. At least he wasn't bothering you anymore and you could finally get some rest. You also though I was somewhat cute. As you drifted off to sleep, you think about what Kinito could have named the digital kitty.

Request by thenewtonstarr

Word count: 372 words