Rin Blythe

I first noticed him towards the end of junior year.

Laughter bouncing off the hallway walls; his friends by his side as he walked by. Platinum blonde hair, the most striking blue eyes and a brilliant white smile. An aura of coolness surrounded him. I wanted to befriend him, which was proving difficult when I had no links to him.

But that all changed the first day of senior year.

As the bell rings and students hurry to their designated classrooms, I walk into my homeroom quickly sitting down just before the teacher takes attendance. She calls name after name, I partially listen so I can respond when she calls mine.

'Rowan Easton.' 'Here.' I reply before zoning out.

'Rin Blythe.' She calls out. Silence, before a voice is heard from the back of the class. 'Here.' I turned to look behind me and there he was- in the flesh.

Rin Blythe. In my homeroom.

Platinum blonde hair, his striking blue eyes now glazed over, his bright smile replaced with an unreadable expression. It was strange to see him this way, maybe he just hated mornings or something was up today but either way, this was the chance I was looking for. I finally had a reason to befriend him.

As attendance ended I walked up to him, my heart fluttering in excitement. 'Hey.' I started, his gaze on me. 'I saw you sitting here all alone and thought you could use a friend.' He continued to stare at me, saying nothing, then turning back to look at the window beside him.

I stood there dumbfounded. Did he just ignore me. 'Hello?' I repeated but nothing. 'I'm not pitying you if that's the problem. I didn't mean for it to come off that way.'

'Leave me alone.' He finally spoke as the bell rang. Standing up and making his way out of the classroom. I stood dumbfounded once again.

--♡--

He's unapproachable.

I thought I was the only one subjected to his behaviour but as I asked around it seemed to be nothing new. This hostile behaviour - something he developed at the very end of junior year. I wondered what had caused such a bright and captivating boy to blend into the bland crowds of students in the school.

I've sat next to him in English and Math for the past week, in an effort to warm him up to me but he didn't budge. He didn't even acknowledge my existence which he is not obligated to do but it would be nice, might as well have been sitting alone.

At the table in front of ours was Rin, on his phone. I sat in the cafeteria with my friends, finding myself talking about him. 'I mean, how long is he going to keep this up for?'

'Who?' My friend Katherine, a pale, black haired chubby Asian girl, questioned me. I looked at her, 'Rin.'

'Rin?!' My other blonde haired friend Brie, interjected. 'What about him?' She continued. 'Look at him-' The entire table turns to look at him. 'NOT SO OBVIOUSLY!' I yell quietly. They all erupt into laughter, forcing me to smile. 'Stop. You were supposed to be discreet, now he probably thinks we're making fun of him.'

'Or that we're weirdos.' Katherine added. 'Man I can't have him thinking that about me.' I mutter under my breath.

He's fascinating. Where did all of his friends disappear in just a year? He only hangs out with his sister now.

What happened?

Author's note: This story has been in my notes for years and I decided to publish it just so I can actually finish it lmao. Feel free to tell me how you feel about the characters, btw the story is in Rowan's point of view and he is black. (I'm not the best at writing but this just for fun) have a great day lovies <3!

Don't forget to vote and comment!