20 : royal blood

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

this couldn't be real. it had to be a nightmare, a fucked up trick of his mind.

that's what taehyung thought it was when jeongguk detached minjun's head out of his body like you do to a plastic doll. but a doll doesn't have life, minjun did. he was very much breathing, talking, moving- living a few moments ago.

taehyung's wide eyes darted between the detached head, an uncanny mask of shock forever etched on minjun's face and the lifeless body crumpled on the blood-soaked grass. the verdant green had been brutally stained crimson and a metallic tang filled his nostrils. amidst all, taehyung failed to notice the splatter of blood over his own face and body. he was too lost in processing what happened, asking for it to be a dream but again, for the last few months he had wanted all of this to be nothing but just that, his wish never came true and this time was no exception.

even though he didn't want to, taehyung's eyes keep darting back and forth, his gaze snagged on the bloody mess at the base of the neck where the head used to be. a few strings of muscle clinging. he forced his eyes up, taking in the full horror. blood dripped from minjun's chin, the dry lips drenched in the red liquid. the face, once so alive was pale as snow but those eyes scared taehyung the most- bloodshot and wide open as they stared right at him.

a single hand, pale and slick with blood still clutched a clump of the head's hair. the very hand that did this to minjun.

then taehyung's eyes met jeongguk's.

the sharp yellow eyes glowing in the moonlight.

a messed up smile on those wine red lips.

jeongguk stepped towards him and taehyung slowly dragged his body behind. not caring how he was ruining these expensive clothes jeongguk made him wear through the ground. he just wanted to get away- which he knew he couldn't.

jeongguk would hunt him down.

even in his dreams.

his breath hitched as the vampire loomed, mere inches away. his feet scraped back on the grass, a pathetic attempt at distance. a fat drop of blood, thick and crimson, plopped near his shoe, the metallic tang burning his nostrils.

too close, taehyung might lose it.

"it's okay, love. i'm here now, you're gonna be just fine" jeongguk said, glancing at the head and then back at taehyung who only stared at him in utter terror.

jeongguk thought he liked that look on taehyung.

guess not.

he actually loved it.

don't misunderstand the vampire. he didn't intend to traumatize taehyung. after all, taehyung was his cherished little doll, his beloved mate-his sole reason for existence now.