13 : curiosity killed the cat

warning: blood-gore graphical content ahead ⚠

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

curiosity killed the cat.

wish taehyung took that seriously a few hours ago.

it's been days. literally days since taehyung last saw jeongguk. after that night he disappeared and never came back, or at least in front of taehyung's sight. but the vampire just couldn't leave him by himself alone in the mansion right?

what if jeongguk was watching him— something he always does?

taking the plates one by one, taehyung put them in the sink and washed them. he was definitely flabbergasted to see the cupboards full of food items and ingredients to cook delicious kinds of dishes with. there was a small fridge too which taehyung didn't remember being there before and it was stacked with any kind of meats a human can consume. at least it looked like so. fridges weren't that available so the dedication of jeongguk to bring one for him was sort of, nice. therefore, taehyung also wasn't left starved, rather he had gained a bit of weight from eating his favorite dishes he would make and eat alone.

sometimes he would glance around and then find himself dejected to not find the vampire.

but shouldn't he be grateful that jeongguk wasn't there to disturb him in any way? mostly in the sexual way that is. although the loneliness can get to his head sometimes, taehyung is used to living alone.

you might ask, why was he not trying to escape? well, in taehyung's opinion, escaping was a dumb idea. even though jeongguk was never there, he knew the vampire did come back at the dread of night, at least some nights, leaving behind subtle traces of his presence - a shifted book or a half-empty wine glass making it clear jeongguk hadn't abandoned him.

wait, abandon? taehyung shook his head. if anything, he wanted to be freed. but he loved his life and he wanted to live, even if it meant to be under a vampire's control.

there was no doubt he missed the sun's warmth, the vibrant world beyond these shadowed walls. yet, escaping meant leaping into the abyss, scarier than the gilded bars of his familiar cage, even more knowing jeongguk would always hunt him down.

his normal life wasn't that livable so could he really complain? as long he wasn't played mentally and physically, taehyung was somewhat fine to live there— until he comes up with a plan, perhaps to escape or to do something else.

sun bled orange towards the horizon, painting the huge window of taehyung's cage in warm tones. he watched it, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. it felt like years since he'd last felt the real sun on his skin, not this filtered mockery through the glass. stepping outside? that was like asking for trouble. jeongguk seemed to have a sixth sense for escape attempts, and taehyung already felt like he was walking on eggshells by not giving in, better not push his luck anymore.