Chapter 2

Heatwave and Quickshadow were now married and living happily together. They were very close to each other now. Quickshadow was being a big help around the firehouse now that she lived there. Quickshadow was happy with her life with Heatwave and she didn't want to leave it.

They were doing many things together and learning what it was like to be married. They had their own share of disagreements but they realized things happen and that they could work it out.

It had been a couple of years. "I think we should have a baby sometime," Quickshadow said.

"Having a baby?" Heatwave asked. "I think it would be nice to be parents," he said. "But I don't know if we will be ready for it or not," he said. "I am a bit worried if we do I won't be a good father," he said.

"I understand that, but I know you will be a wonderful father, you are already a wonderful husband," Quickshadow said.

So the two of them began to try to have a baby. They were hoping for it to go well and soon get ready to have one. Heatwave and Quickshadow were hoping their wish would come true. Then one day Quickshadow wasn't feeling like herself and she knew she had been herself for several days so she took a pregnancy test to see if she was pregnant. She saw there was a sign that said pregnant in big letters. Quickshadow was so happy to see it. She came up to Heatwave and showed it too him. "I'm pregnant," Quickshadow said.

Heatwave saw the positive test and hugged Quickshadow happily. "This is great news," Heatwave said.

They made an appointment right away. A doctor saw Quickshadow and confirmed it with a test. "Congratulations you two," the doctor said.

Heatwave and Quickshadow smiled and kissed each other. They were so happy about this. They were looking forward to the birth of their baby. Now they were very busy getting ready for the baby. But they wanted to keep it under wraps until Quickshadow was three months pregnant in case a miscarriage happens. They were going to be very brave during that time.

Heatwave was busy thinking about Quickshadow and they baby they were going to have. That put a lot on his mind. He was thinking about fatherhood and hoping he was going to do well for it. He was going to do his best too.

Quickshadow was looking forward to having her baby. She was being very quiet about it she was used keeping her mouth shut about certain things so she was good at it. Quickshadow was seeing her baby doctor on a regular basis and so far things are going okay.

"Quickshadow seems to be leaving a lot then coming back later," Kade said. "I wonder why she is doing that," he said.

"I don't think any of it is our business Kade," Dani said.

"Heatwave you know Quickshadow has been going out a lot right?" Kade said.

"Yes I do know it and I know where she is going because she tells me," Heatwave said.

"Where is she going?" Kade asked.

"To the doctor," Heatwave said. He knew it was only a few hours before the big reveal.

"Is she alright?" Kade asked.

"What is she pregnant?" Dani asked.

Heatwave almost choked on his milk and swallowed it. "Lucky guess," Heatwave said.

"Wow that's great," Kade said.

"Yes it is," Dani said.

"It is but we have been keeping secret until the end of the three month mark which is today, we were suppose to reveal it to everyone in the firehouse later today when she gets back from the doctor," Heatwave said.