Stolen Notebook

Dohyun and I step off the bus. I look up at the company building and let out a shaky breath. Today is the day of the presentation. I've been freaking out over it for a week now. Dohyun has read my proposal over a hundred times now. I'm sure he has it memorized better than I do.

We walk into the building, scanning our I.D. badges before stepping into the elevator. My hands are shaking worse now. How embarrassing.

Dohyun grabs my hand, "You'll be fine. You're the smartest person I know."

"Thank you," I say, squeezing his hand.

The elevator doors open, and he lets go. "Good luck, Ms. (L/n)."

"Thank you, Mr. Lee," I reply, giving him a mocking bow.

He grins and goes to his office while I go to the meeting room. Jihoon had told me the team wanted to meet an hour earlier to go over our proposals. Personally, I think this should've been done yesterday, but they didn't listen.

"Good morning," I greet.

Jihoon smiles, but the others glare. I take my seat next to Jihoon and bring out my notebook. Suho, the oldest and meanest man, eyes my notebook. "What's that?"

"My proposal."

The older men laugh loudly, and Jihoon gives me a nervous smile.

"What's funny?" I ask.

Suho shakes his head, "It's funny that you think we'd even consider yours."

"Mr. Wi said we were all to prepare a proposal."

He snatches my notebook, I try to grab it, but the man next to him shoves me back. I land in my seat and glare, "Give it back."

"If the boss asks, you didn't have anything planned."

"Not happening. Give it back, or I'll tell him you assaulted me and stole my notebook."

He snickers, "Do you really think he'll believe you over us?"

I lunge for it again, but I am shoved back. Jihoon keeps his head down, refusing to look anyone in the eye.

"He's not gonna defend you," Suho says, gesturing to Jihoon.

"He can't even defend himself," another man adds.

My hands ball up into fists, "Are you really that threatened by me?"

Suho's smile falters. He opens his mouth to reply, but the door swings open.

"Good morning," Mr. Wi says.

Suho ignores him, still glaring at me. Mr. Wi seems to notice, "Is everything okay?"

"Yes," Suho answers.

"I wasn't asking you."

He's looking at me, I try to read his emotions, but his face is neutral. If I tell him the truth, Suho and the others will make my life hell

"Everything's fine."

The CEO watches me for a few more seconds but sits down. "Let's make this quick."

"As a team, we've decided to present my-"

Mr. Wi interrupts Suho, "I asked for everyone to present their own."

"Right, of course."

Suho sits back down, his hand clutching his pen tightly. The man next to him stands up and begins presenting his proposal.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It's just Suho, and I left now. Jihoon's proposal was good, but Mr. Wi didn't seem interested. The others barely said anything, mostly stumbling over their own words. It's clear they didn't put much thought into it.