XI.

Second of January, 2021

"Where did you go yesterday Pumpkin, your granny was looking forward to having her first breakfast of the year with you."

"Oh, I am truly sorry I was out so I booked a hotel for the night." Philip raised his eyebrow at her and she exploded

"I kind of have a crush on Lewis Hamilton and I slept over at his house but I promise we did not do anything we just had dinner then I fell asleep and ended up staying over please do not be mad." She had said in one breath before squeezing her eyes shut waiting for something to happen

Philip dropped his cup of tea having froze in shock at her statement and with the radio silence, Amelia carefully opened her eyes to watch her grandfather watching with his jaw dropped. She was grateful it was just the two with no staff within hearing range.

"Eve, what  the fuck."

"Are you mad?"

"Why would I be mad, I- I'm just in shock. I can't believe it. Your granny owes me a thousand pounds now."

"You bet on me?"

"We simply agreed. So, tell me about this Lewis boy."

"Well you see, he is Harry's friend. You know when we went on the tour we went on early last year? He was there and we started talking and yeah."

"Does he make you happy?"

"He really does but there is a slight problem if I decide to take action. The media would destroy him."

"And why's that?"

"He is not exactly like...us."

"In what sense?"

"He is not from any royalty or riches, he is self-made. Britain loves him but they love him on his own and me on my own. Together, they would tear us apart. I am the worst person to publicly love."

"Don't ever say that about yourself Eve, never. You can be loved publicly if you choose to be. So what if you guys are from two different worlds? Harry made it work, the throne won't be handed to you anytime soon, you can make mistakes and you will still have enough time to learn from them and grow. You deserve everything good coming your way now does he make you happy?"

"I-"

"Don't cut around the corners, yes or no. does he make you happy?"

"Yes."

"And you're sure he'll stick by you no matter what?"

"Yes."

"Then I don't know what you're so worried about. If he makes you happy and will stand by your side then trust me, everything will fall into place and it will be okay."

"So, the future Princess Royale, right?" Lewis' father starts while reading his newspaper and is immediately silenced by his stepmother Linda.

"Ignore him, Lewis, you tell us at your own time."

"It's fine and yeah, Amelia. Nicolas told you, didn't he?"

"It slipped out of him."

"Your father grilled him to tell him about your love life because he was worried."

"I have a right to be worried, don't I? And look, they're on a first-name basis."

"Dad."

"What? I just want to know if my son will be fine after I'm gone."

"I have two mums, I think I'll be fine."

"So?"

"Yeah, Amelia. She's Harry's sister as you already know and we're just getting to know each other."

"What's she like?" Linda asked

"She's, she's everything you'd think she is and isn't at the same time. She's smart, elegant, confident and all of that but she's also super shy and introverted and loves to play the piano. When you're around her it doesn't seem like she's a Princess but at the same time it does."

"So she's a walking juxtaposition."

"In a way."

"I want to invite her for a race later in the year, I don't know which one but hopefully I win this season and she's there to watch."

"It's looking like it's going to be a close competition."

"Let's hope not, I want to make this one count. After my eighth, I'll call my career quits."

"You want to retire?" Linda asks shocked.

"Well, eventually. If I get 8 championship titles I think that should be enough to last a lifetime. Nobody has done that before."

"No matter how this season turns out just know we're going to be proud of you either way. It's about time too, you're hitting 40. You should settle down, get married, have kids and all of that gushy stuff."

"I'm just 36!"

"Hitting 40 either way." His dad stood up from the dining table and patted his back as he walked away leaving Linda giggling softly. Lewis turns to look at her in mock betrayal 

"You too?!"

"I mean, he does have a point. We just want to see you not in work mode every once in a while."

"But I'm not working now."

"You know what I mean, we just want to know you've finally settled and are happy. Maybe Amelia will be the best for you."

"I fear the media."

"Do you trust her?"

"Of course I do."

"I can tell you love her?"

"That obvious?"

"Your eyes brighten up the same way they brighten up when you talk about Formula One when you talk about her. I have hope that the two of you will be good for each other in more ways than one."

"I wish the world was different and my skin colour didn't dictate the way I should be treated and if I could be with someone or not."

"Yet it shows you've worked twice as hard as anyone that's ever crossed paths with you and I know you're a fighter and from this, I know you will fight for her so long as she fights for you and from what I know, she will definitely fight for you."

"You really think we'll work out?" He asks as she's about to walk into the kitchen with her mug

"I know so. Good luck this year, get your last championship and finally rest." She hugs him and he leans into her touch 

He was ready for this year and he'll do everything to achieve what he needs to.

nvsh speaks, I am on a roll
with this book guys, I'm so
obsessed with it. Honest to
God (I've been watching Derry
Girls and it's rubbing off on
me...) 

But anyway, i hope you guys
like it so far xx Make sure to 
vote and comment, I love 
reading your comments 

much love xx

The Crown | LHजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें