19. CRAMPS

(chinese , spanish)

xiaoqi walked into the kitchen, only to find xia who seemed to be laughing with yangyang at the dining table. feeling curious, she grabbed the tray which was filled with tiramisu from the fridge and walked over to the dining table, taking a seat.

"what are you two giggling about?" she asked, grabbing a spoon from xia's hand, watching her pass the other one to her boyfriend "xia told me a few stories about you as a kid" yangyang explained, and xiaoqi frowned at her aunt.

"you let him call you by your name?" she asked, but the woman ignored the question "i told him about your first ever crush"

"i didn't know you had a crush on helia from winx club"

"i did not have a crush on that purple head" she hissed, bringing the spoon in her mouth, only to take it out when she realized that there was nothing on it.

yangyang stared at his girlfriend, before he blurted out "i didn't know that you lose braincells on your period"

xiaoqi glared at her boyfriend "are you that desperate for a broken nose right now? because i can volunteer to give you one right now" she threatened, which caused the liu to shake his head, looking around to find a way to change the subject.

"hey... is it just me or that painting was not there before"

"rate your cramps on a scale out of ten"

"eighty" she replied, hugging the body pillow tighter as she continued to scroll on instagram "want me to make some tea for you?"

"nope. i just want a hot pack" xiaoqi denied, "but you've used the hot pack like— three times today, i feel like you should try something different" yangyang pointed out, which made the girl silent for a while before she spoke again.

"sure, i'll drink some tea" she decided, which made yangyang stand up from the bed. he walked his way towards the door, and once he twisted the knob, she called out for him.

"hey, i am going to order some pizza. ask jian and aunt xia what flavor they want" she notified, which made him hum "okay, is that all?"

"not yet, what flavor do you want?" she asked, which made him tilt his head as he thought for a while, before he answered "i'm fine with any flavour" he responded, before he opened the door, scurrying out before he closed it from behind him.

hearing the door close, she groaned before placing the phone on top of the pillow beside the one she was lying on "fuck, he treats me so well and all i've been doing today is laying down and bossing him around" she complained to no one in particular, before staring at the sheep plushy that yangyang won for her at an arcade date they went to.

she grabbed onto the plushy, before she sighed "xiaoyang, how do i make it up to him, hm?"

oh yeah, it can't talk to me, she thought, releasing her grip on the body pillow as she rolled over, only fall on the ground.

"I AM FINE"

——

i sincerely hate period cramps (legit why do they exist?!)