O14. FIRST KISS

"feel better now?" yangyang asked, and xiaoqi nodded before lifting her head from his shoulder "yeah... sorry for ruining your shirt."

"it's fine, it's just tears" he reassured, "care to share what happened?"

"that woman who you saw, she is my mother" she started, snatching the water bottle on the table before gulping almost half of the bottle, and placed it back on the table. 

"she came back, probably because she wanted to start a family with us again.... but then i got too worked up because of how she started off the topic, lashed out at her, said very rude things to her and i kicked her out without letting her explain." 

"so... you feel bad?" yangyang asked, and xiaoqi slowly nodded "yeah, i shouldn't have lashed out like that" she admitted, followed by a sigh. "dont blame yourself, i would've done the same if i were you." 

"hey, why are you here anyways, isn't this your gaming time?" xiaoqi asked, staring at the male who replied, "the cafe needs more workers, and i called you to tell you about it but you didn't answer, so i came to check up on you." he explained, which made her frown

 "... and, when exactly do we have to go?" she asked, 

"like, twenty minutes from now-"

"YAH, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE?!"

"nari, we don't have all day" 

xiaoqi was now in the kitchen area, checking up on nari, who was finally done plating the dish, and handed it over to xiaoqi, who scoffed "really, nari? this is not how you plate food" she commented, before walking out, her smile appearing as she saw yangyang who was carrying a huge box.

"whats in that?" she asked, watching the male who was struggling to hold onto the box "blue berries, juri wants to make a blueberry shortcake as a birthday cake" he explained, and xiaoqi nodded before stepping eside, letting the liu go in the kitchen.

she walked to the table which ordered the cookies, and placed it on the table, earning a few thank yous, and she left the table before she walked towards yangyang, who leaned his back on the side of the counter, and she did the same.

"where are you staring- oh" xiaoqi cut off her own words, as she saw where he pointed. he pointed at nari, who sat on a table where there were two guys, and flirting with them, and that sigh made her sigh "she should just get a job in a bar or a club if she is that horny for a man's attention, want me to pull her away?" she asked, but yangyang shook his head.

"no, don't, i think this is the only time i can do this" he said, which made her look at him, confused "what do you mean-"

it felt like everything around her had stopped, as he cupped her cheeks, and pulled her closer, and before xiaoqi could even say anything, he pressed his lips against hers, which sent a wave of shock through her veins, and not even seconds later, he pulled away, smiling.

"you should get back to work, xiao" he said, walking away from her sight. xiaoqi pressed her index and middle finger over her lips, as she felt her cheeks flush pink.

oh my god

────

eugh i get my report card tmrw