16. LITTLE FAVOR

"love, that's like — your third cup of coffee."

"so what? its just coffee" she pointed out, as she took a sip of the hot coffee. seeing that sight made the male sigh in disbelief.

"your coffee addiction makes me wonder how you're still breathing" yangyang shook his head sideways, watching his girlfriend as she closed her book "alright, i am done" she announced to no one in particular.

yangyang stared at the lu, as she placed her hands on the table, and laid her head on her hands "whats wrong, you look like you're about to piss your pants any minute now" she deadpanned, which made the mentioned male frown.

"what do you mean?" he asked, which made her sit up straight "you look, like — a bit nervous, what's wrong?" 

yangyang nibbled on his lower lip, debating on whether he should tell her or not, but then gave in "if i ask you for a little favor, will you be mad?"

"just tell me whats up, yang" xiaoqi's tone showed how impatient she got, feeling curious on what her boyfriend was going to say.

"hey, you know meilin right? you met her before. i know that this can be too much to ask for, since she is my ex, but then — she has been my friend since we were kids, and so... i was going to ask you whether you could at least try to get to know her,"

yangyang paused to see the youngers' reaction, but she seemed to understand "oh, that's all?" she raised a brow, and yangyang nodded. xiaoqi took a while to think about it, but gave in.

"sure, give me her insta."

"so, why did you bring me here again?"

meilin took a sip of her americano, while xiaoqi just stared at her milk coffee.

"i wanted to talk about us. this isn't right — you are holding a grudge against me, and i just do not like you, this just isn't right. i mean, if i am friends with the friend group, don't you think you and i should be close too?" 

"i mean, i get it, you don't feel comfortable knowing that i am hanging out with your ex, but i don't want my relationship with yangyang to affect our friendship and for it to be the reason why we are not close. don't you think this is childish? we can't just let a man be the reason why we are so distant" xiaoqi continued.

"i am not acting like this because i don't want you around him, i know you two are dating and all, but i just don't trust you. i have this feeling that i can't trust you at all" meilin spoke up, and now it was xiaoqi's turn to sip on her coffee.

"just give me a chance, if you still don't trust me after a month, then fine. you can keep going with holding a grudge against me, but just remember that i won't be joining your little 'holding a grudge' game. "

meilin stared at the girl in front of her, before she let out a sigh "fine, if you say so" she muttered.

while the two were having their serious conversation, outside of the café hid the whole friend group.

"you think they're doing well?" asked chenle, who was beside yangyang "i hope so, they look chill though" yangyang replied.

"okay, when does minyoung, somin and jiwon bump into them?" xiaojun asked, sneaking his hand in the cup filled with popcorn which jaemin held.

"when they get out of the — oh wait, they got out, now's your cue!"

the three girls walked towards the direction where the two chinese girls were walking to, and then jiwon 'accidentally' bumped into xiaoqi.

"i am so sorry — oh, what are you guys doing here?"

meilin scanned the look on the three girl's faces before scoffing "guys, get the hell out from where you're hiding."

——

guys my friend bought the whole shatter me series (mishfa ily for that)