O1. NEO CAFÉ

"wow...this cafe seems to be really popular"

xiaoqi was standing outside of the café, staring at the tables that were all empty, mainly because it was closed until eight, and it was seven pm at that time.

the girl decided to get in, as she grabbed onto the doorknob and gave a small push, and that was when she saw the girl who was in front of the counter.

so she walked there, till she stood in front of the counter "hey, i am a new part timer here" she said, hoping that the girl was nice enough to talk to her "oh, hi. the aprons are in the staffs only room. you can come here after wearing it and i will assign a task for you" the girl replied.

"thanks, you are..." "yeobin. and you are.." yeobin stared at the younger, who replied "xiaoqi."

"oh, anyways. welcome to neo cafe, xiaoqi" yeobin smiled, which made the younger smile back "alright, i'll go and get ready, thanks yeobin" she thanked the girl, before walking to the room mentioned by yeobin.

she looked inside, and there was a cream coloured apron that was already ironed. the  room had other boxes at the very back, and there was a table which had been filled by bags- probably employees bags.

xiaoqi took the apron, which was surprisingly made of very soft material, before putting it on, and tied the remaining fabric straps on her back.

she kept her bag on the table, hoping that it wouldn't fall, before she walked out of the staff's only room, walking back to yeobin who seemed to be taking an order on the phone.

"yes, sir. we have it all covered, we have closed the restaurant for the party" yeobin's smile faded as she kept the telephone back in place, groaning "guys, hows it in the kitchen?" she yelled, earning a few replied which the girl couldn't comprehend of, from the kitchen area.

"why does he want to close the whole café just for a party attended by ten people?" yeobin huffed, until she noticed the girl in front of her "oh your back, you definitely suit the apron. now, i want you to paste these cutouts on the wall, make it look pretty. not too big gaps and not so close-"

"okay, i get it, so what do i paste these with?" she asked, only to get two tape rolls. "alright, we only have an hour left, i recommend we stop our little chit chat and start working"

softly chuckling, xiaoqi took the file which had the cutouts and placed the tape roll on top of the file. she walked over to the reserved table and placed it there, before she looked around "got a ladder i could use?" asked the chinese, only to find the ladder that was resting beside the door of the staffs only room.

she grabbed onto the ladder and sighed "i can tell this will be a long night just by holding this"

💗

"and... done!" 

xiaoqi tried to take a step back, only to let out a yelp as she almost fell down. 

but to her luck, her body didn't fall on the ground. there was someone who held onto her underarms, probably trying to prevent her from falling and causing a dating rumor.

"be careful, you almost fell" he said, helping her get off and stand up "thanks, and you are.."

"yangyang, i deliver the takeout's and bring things we have to restock" he introduced himself, "i am xiaoqi, and i am just a waitress here" xiaoqi introduced herself, only for a voice to be heard from behind "a waitress and a substitute in the kitchen"

it was yeobin.

"darn, lu. you are fast, you took fifteen minutes to decorate the whole place." the girl smiled, staring at the place which now had balloons and stickers pasted on the wall.

"you are definitely in charge with decorations from now on" yeobin said, as yangyang snorted "you said that to nari on her first day too" 

"well, xiaoqi is different. nari is a hoe that doesn't even have any humor. xiaoqi has humor and has manners. she kept me laughing minutes while she was working on the decorations" yeobin pointed out, making the younger girl confused "wait, who is nari?"

"a hoe" yeobin and yangyang said at the same time, and yeobin continued "yangyang, you should go and check up on the kitchen- finally, anyways, you should stay away from nari. she dated minjun, who is another waitor here. and stay away from yangyang when she is around, because she likes him. she will literally chop off your organs if you stood or sat less than two feet away from him"

"anyways, enough about that hoe, since we are done for now, tell me more about how it was like to study in london"

chapter one yallz :)