46.Absconditus

Ahru and Taehyung were enjoying a rare moment of peace in their shared bedroom after so many days. They were spending little too much time on their respective work and today Ahru decided to stay behind to spend some more time with him. She had two surgeries in last three days and her uncle asked her to take leave for today.

Soft music playing in the background as they were laughing and cuddling on the couch, relishing the quietude of the evening.

" So ,you just threaten him like that?Hahahahaha" Taehyung laughed as he held her even close to his chest playing with her hairs

" Umm ,I said if he make more dad jokes I will ask you to take care of him. As I said this he ran aw-"

Suddenly, the shrill ringtone of her phone pierces the tranquility, jolting them both out of their small bubble . She stopped in middle of her sentence and With a furrowed brow, she glanced at the caller ID, her heart sinking as she saw the hospital's number flashing on the screen...

Taking a deep breath, she answered the call, her tone professional as she listened to the urgent request on the other end.

It was jaemin.

A VIP guest has been admitted with a life-threatening condition and requires immediate surgery. It was business tycoon who had been suffering from heart disease.

Without hesitation she broke herself from Taehyung's hold halfheartedly as she started enquiring about his health totally forgetting about her day off, she sat up her years of training kicking in as she prepared to rush to the hospital.

She just came back from the hospital three hours ago but she has to go there again

Her fiance watched with concern etched on his face, his face looked solemn but he didn't say anything. He stood up too and called out

" Ru??"

"Umm? Sorry baby i-i need to g-go I will- "

Her balbbering got cut in the middle as she felt a soft and sudden kiss on her lips.

" I know but I don't think I should let you drive when your mind is in this chaos . Let sehun drop you off. Okay??" He said softly. " Remember to take rest okay..?"

" Okay"
_________________

11 hours after:

At 7:30 AM

After successfully completing the emergency surgery, Ahru emerged from the operating room, her scrubs stained with blood and her hands still trembling from the intensity of the procedure. As she made her way down the hallway, a stern-faced senior cardiologist intercepted her, his expression a mix of anger and concern.

Senior cardiologist: "Doctor Lee, may I have a word with you?"

Taken aback by the senior's abruptness, Ahru nodded cautiously, her mind racing with questions and apprehensions. She was dead tired. She just wanted to sleep it off her tiredness. Still she had to answer her senior. He was one of the important person in her cardio department.

"Of course, what could I help you with?"

"I couldn't help but notice that you performed a major surgery today without consulting the board or seeking approval for such a high-risk procedure. It's unlikely of you." He said

His tone was accusatory, his words laced with thinly veiled frustration and disapproval. Ahru bristled at the implication that she had overstepped her authority, but she remained composed, determined to defend her actions.