Chapter 145

In that instant, everything else—the Heaven Auction House, Beyond The Heaven, the Ten Absolutes Mountain—faded from Meng Qi’s mind. All she could see were Yun Qingyan’s handsome features, extremely up close. Each breath she took was filled with his clean, refreshing scent. Her heart pounded in her ears, thumping endlessly and growing louder, as if it might burst out any time. Her mind went blank; she remembered Yun Qingyan had asked her a question, but what it was and how to answer, she had no idea.

“I…” Meng Qi opened her mouth blankly. Yun Qingyan’s eyes were so bright, and they were so close that she could see not only the details of his eyelashes but also her own tiny reflection in his eyes.

“I…” She opened her mouth again, feeling as if she had returned to her childhood, babbling the same words over and over, unable to articulate anything else.

“Haha—” Someone chuckled—it sounded like laughter.

Who was laughing? Meng Qi gazed at Yun Qingyan, who was just an arm’s length away, and her cheeks burned with heat.

At that moment, Yun Qingyan let her go and sat back up, supporting himself with his hands on the chair. “Meng Qi,” he called, patting the spot beside him, indicating for her to sit up.

Meng Qi quickly sat upright, placing her hands on her knees in a well-behaved manner. Her face was still hot, not just her cheeks but also her ears, as if she had been soaking in hot water, making her head feel fuzzy. It took her a while to grasp the question Yun Qingyan had asked her earlier.

He seemed to be asking if she would continue if someone else wanted to treat her the same way.

Treat her how?

Meng Qi suddenly remembered. Back in Luoyun Manor, Yun Qingyan had almost fallen into qi deviation, his aura nearly breaking apart, and he lost control of his mind. While she was trying to sort out his aura and bring him back to consciousness, he clearly couldn’t control his body.

So…

Meng Qi slowly blinked, realizing that Yun Qingyan had done something with her that was typically reserved for intimate partners.

So that was it.

Meng Qi sighed in relief. Yun Qingyan’s expression today was so different from his usual self, and she had been wondering if it was because she chose to leave him in the Starfallen Sea, upsetting him.

So it was because of this.

Meng Qi cleared her throat and sat up straighter. “Sovereign Qingyan,” she carefully chose her words, “For a medical cultivator, treating others is also a form of cultivation.”

“I know,” Yun Qingyan responded.

“This is probably like how sword cultivators practice with swords, and spell cultivators practicing their spells. For medical cultivators, giving medical treatment is part of our daily routine. Even if it’s only for the sake of our future advancement, it’s hard to ignore those in need,” Meng Qi added.

Yun Qingyan: “…”

“Accidents happen during cultivation, resulting in injuries, stagnation in cultivation, or even qi deviation in severe cases. The act of cultivating itself is defying the heaven, and to reach higher realms, certain experiences are inevitable,” Meng Qi spoke softly. She paused, looked into Yun Qingyan’s eyes, and sincerely said, “So, Sovereign Qingyan, you don’t need to worry about such trivial matters. Don’t we cultivators face tribulations at every breakthrough after the Golden Core?”