Chapter 19

~Namak ko haath mein lekar, sitamgar sochte kya ho,
Hazaar zakhm hai dil par, jahan chaho chhidak daalo.~

Raaya woke up, not because of her nightmares. There was some kind of light headed feeling inside her, the emotion that makes you sleep and keeps you awake to reminscize whatever good that happened with you.

Her cheeks burned as her gaze drifted to the man sleeping peacefully beside her. His hand draped around her waist, his touch bringing many memories of last night. Also the epiphany that she was wearing his shirt.

Raaya wanted to move through the images of last night again. And once more. Because if she had to sum them up in one word, they were beautiful. Her man was an amazing human being, no doubt about that. He gifted her some new feelings that she never thought she could possess. Like being loved. A man could be so loving, that she understood now.

The sun was yet to rise still she could make out his features in the thin fluorescent lamp. So she moved a little forward and placed a kiss on his lips. Her lips hovering on his features. Raaya was afraid to face him right now yet she couldn't stop herself from kissing him. She would be too shy to look him in the eye after all of that happened between them.

After that she would just vanish in the washroom. Compose herself properly so that when she would meet Idris, all would be normal. Not filled with awkwardness and shyness from her side.

“Raaya, I know we both are tired…” His grip on her tightened as he moved closer, his lips moving on her exposed neck. “Yet you're testing me.”

She was too stunned to speak, his lips slowly ascending towards hers. Their gaze met and Raaya felt her heart soaring with giddiness.

“It was a…simple kiss. Nothing more.”

She breathed out her words, her body willing to move near him, just like metal near a magnet. She could see his amused expression as he nodded, placing feathery kisses on her throat. He was teasing her, he knew what he was doing and he was enjoying every bit of it.

“Really simple...”

He hovered near her lips, not fully kissing. A whimper escaped her as Idris went for the skin under her ear, leaving her lips alone. Everything from the previous night came tumbling down in her mind and she wanted every bit of it again.

“Look, Idris…”

Her voice came out shaky and full of frustration as he propped his head on his fist beside her, eyes raking on her with amusement. Idris' fingers played with the shirt buttons making her breath hitch.

“Yes darling!”

The irritation made her blush, because her mind conspired to do something unfathomable to Idris. So she went with her intuition. Because unlike the real world, Raaya didn't have to think about anything inside their little bubble of intimacy.

Pushing him on his back, she straddled him. The expressions of shock and surprise were pure joy to her eyes. His hands protectively held her waist, as a beautiful smile tugged on his lips while he waited for her next move, her long tresses acted as a curtain to hide them.

So she kissed him with her heart, not knowing where she was going with this but was relieved that Idris was with her, returning all her fervor and some more. His skin under her touch burned, so did hers with need, “Raaya, you look so hot right now.”

Her face flushed on his breathy confession as he pulled her for another kiss, his hands working on the shirt buttons, much to her relief. Idris turned, their breathing erratic as he touched their foreheads, “I don't know how I managed to stay away from you for so long.”