Chapter '5

"Entering"

✧˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ♡

˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ

While living there, Wanderer had wanted to help Yoshino with his business.

"Huh? Really? I mean if you want to just stay here it's okay! I wouldn't want you to work if you dont want to," Yoshino exclaimed. Wanderer scratched his neck as he wasn't this helpful in such a sincere way before. True that he wanted to work because there would really be nothing to do, but he wanted to repay Yoshino's hospitality.

Wanderer didn't make eye contact but still spoke, "I want to do this. And I can cook perfectly fine! So let me do this, it's not like i have anything to do." Yoshino knew he couldn't change his mind, so he just accepted it and decided to let him help out.

˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ

It's been just a few months since Wanderer stayed there and he was really a big help. He and Yoshino would take turns just to take orders and make food which made business run faster. While working though, Wanderer would hear a few whispers hear and there about the UA entrance exams. Naturally he was curious, so after their shifts he decided to ask Yoshino about it.

"The UA exams? It's a written test to get into the top hero school! Along with the written exams there would be. A physical exam. It's really hard to get into, especially since they switch up the exams every year so the students wouldn't know what's coming," Yoshino explained calmly while eating on the dinner table.

Wanderer had just finished taking a bite and started to think. He played with the food on his plate and thought 'Should I participate? What would I even get from being a hero.. It's not like i want to be,' but then the image of Nahida suddenly came to mind.

("I think you have the heart of a hero, Wanderer. Don't be ashamed of it okay?" Nahida said while smiling.)

Wanderer hadn't realized that he'd been thinking for so long until Yoshino's voice came into play. "If you want to, I'll help you," he said a little too accepting. Wanderer really was about to say yes, but then another thought pushed into his mind.

"Why should I even do it? I mean, what do you get out of it.." he asked a little suspecting. Yoshino just chuckled a little bit and spoke again, "Do you want to become a hero?"

This stumped Wanderer for a little bit. Did he? Even if he didn't want to, he still wanted to know what Nahida meant by 'heart of a hero' since he didn't really think he was a hero at all. So in order to find out, he needed to research. In the end he nodded.

Yoshino smiled at his response, "Then I'll help you, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to become a hero." Wanderer sighed as he continued eating his food. He really couldn't believe someone could be so accepting. Atleast he didn't have to think about it anymore.

˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ

Another month had gone by. After every shift, he would study on the history, math, everything about this world with a little help from Yoshino. Even if Wanderer was considered a genius, he still had. A hard time adjusting to their education system. As for his physical training, he would book a training room every Saturday to practice his "quirk".

'The exams start in 2 weeks.. I'll ace it anyway—' he thought smugly as he was on his break from helping out with the food truck. Yoshino kept his word and helped Wanderer throughout all of it. Luckily, they just turned in his application form for the entrance exams in the nick of time.

˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ

Two weeks had gone by surprisingly fast and as for Wanderer, he was mostly excited about the physical part of the exams. Since Yoshino was the head cook for UA's lunch, he could just drop Wanderer off at the entrance.

"Good luck! You better pass okay!!" Yoshino exclaimed as he saw Wanderer get out the car. He shut the door and spoke though the open window, "I don't need luck old man! I'll make it in!"

Yoshino started for a little, then laughed. Wanderer gave him this 'it's not that funny' look. After Yoshino calmed down, he started his car back up again, but before he drove away he said, "Just don't be too arrogant alright? You might get bullied!" Wanderer was getting fed up with his joking and just walked away.

Yoshino watched as he walked away and brought a finger up to his eye, "They grow up so fast.." he said like a mother.

˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ

He walked through the doors and into the assembly hall where hundreds of others were waiting for instructions. He got seated next to this weird green-haired kid. 'Great, im next to this mumbling freak.' Wanderer thought as he was getting a little annoyed. 'Seems like the guy over there is getting more annoyed than I am,' he was talking about the blonde kid with spiky hair. Wanderer really was about to reach his limit, but thankfully someone that sounded more annoying than the green kid spoke.

'Is that a banana..?' Wanderer thought.

The banana then shouted by what seemed like his quirk, "WHATS UP UA CANDIDATES~ THANKS FOR TUNIN' IN TO ME! YOUR SCHOOOOOL DJ!" Wanderer cringed, visibly.

"C'MON AND LET ME HEAR YA!"

...

'It's so embarrassing that I almost feel bad for him.'

The banana didn't really mind it, "I SEE, I SEE KEEPING IT LOWKEY~ I'LL JUST GET STRAIGHT TO THE POINT! LETS TALK ABOUT HOW THIS PRACTICAL EXAM IS GONNA WORK! ARE YOU REEEAADYYY~ ... YEAH.."

Wanderer just face-palmed, 'please stop.' As if the situation couldn't get more weird, the green boy beside him started to mutter again; loudly.

"Oh my goodness, it's the voice hero present mic! I listen to his radio show every day of the week! It's crazy nuts how all the teachers at UA are heroes!" He said like he was rapping.

The blonde boy just grumbled, "Shut up." But Wanderer was thinking more... creatively. 'No one cares if you listen to it, keep it to yourself. So damn annoying.'

Words... 1048

[May 7, 2024]