Chapter '3

"Identity"

✧˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ♡

˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ

"Let's start off easy and tell me how you got here," Wu ming asked joyously.

Wanderer shivered in his bed 'creepy—' but he answered the question anyway, "My frien— acquaintance was testing out a new invention of his. I just happened to be his lab rat."

Wu ming chuckled at the pettiness and venom they received. They asked for conformation "You said you were from Sumeru correct?"i

He nodded in response. Looking closer at Wu Ming, he noticed.. numbers in their eyes? Wu Ming picked up on his curiosity and smiled, creeping Wanderer out for the 5th time.

"My eyes are like this whenever I use my quirk~" they said in a smug tone.

Quirk Name: Sixth SenseDescription: The user has a heightened ability to perceive and predict events beyond normal human senses

Description: The user has a heightened ability to perceive and predict events beyond normal human senses.
Drawbacks: They become vulnerable to sudden noises or bright lights due to their heightened sensitivity to stimuli.

Wanderer visibly got confused at the mention of the word 'quirk'. Wu Ming just stared at the tablet for a few minutes before laughing to himself as if they got a result. "I see...I see..." they muttered out. Wanderer was starting to get pissed because so many of his questions were left unquestioned.

He then half-shouted at the androgynous person, "And what the hell is it that you're seeing? Maybe stop giggling your ass off and explain it to me, damn it!" With feelings so confusing it started to irritate him to the breaking point.

"Now, now.. don't be so aggressive Wanderer," they said as the numbers in their eyes disappeared. "I was simply coming to quite the interesting conclusion! I hoped you would shed some light on it for me!~"

Wanderer's eye twitched. He took a deep breath and stabilized his emotions, "What exactly do you think happened then?"

"I don't recall there ever being a place called 'Sumeru' on the map. Meaning I was left with two possible assumptions, either Sumeru was referring to the World Mountain 'Meru' in Hindu mythology, or it was that Sumeru didn't exist, like you. It was most likely to be the second option! Now to the next part on how you got here, there was really only one option left. Another universe, planet, world, whatever! You just aren't from here, from Earth."

"I'm from Teyvat if that's what you mean."

"Teyvat is a word in Hebrew, but I'm sure that's not what it's referring to. So in conclusion, that little invention your friend made ripped a hole through space and time and it landed you here in the form of a portal! Even if the possibility is slim, the chances of quirks ever existing were also slim yet they still happened. Am I right or am I right?"

They spent a solid 15 minute explanation on their thought process, but all of it was very likely the only truth. Wanderer blinked, then blinked again. He was quite smart, but there were limits to how much sense he could understand.

"So.. I'm not from this world?" he muttered.

"Basically."

At this point, his mind was racing a million miles per hour while Wu Ming was smiling happily.

"What am I supposed to do!? How am I going to get back?!" Wanderer yelled. He was panicking with every right to do so. Wu Ming was the one now confused, as if they didn't know why Wanderer was so panicked.

"I mean, there are ways you can go back," they said a little sullen. Wanderer perked up at this and he gave his full attention. "First, jump through a wormhole in space. Second, your friends on the other side find a way back to you. And third, we find a quirk for the multiverse. Second is favourable nice your friends have already did it once."

The more Wanderer listened the more he calmed down. It was true that there was a high chance for him to go back to Teyvat, but it would take months at best to get him back. His back slumped onto the pillows and his adrenaline drained.

"In the meantime, we need to find a place for you. It'll be a little difficult to find a caretaker for you since your situation is different. You'll be staying at this hospital for the next few days until we assigned you someone!! Thank you for your cooperation but I better get going~ I'm sure we'll meet again!"

They left before he could even blink. Wanderer was already more or less getting used to the change already.

He just had to research more on this world and it would be like he belonged here. He did changed from puppet to human, so it shouldn't be too hard.

All the thinking must've made him tired since his eyes were getting heavy again. Before slipping back into consciousness, he drowsily looked over to the nurse that had freaked out before.

"Feeling better sir?" The nurse asked, still a little shaken. Wanderer only nodded again, his throat being sore for some reason. The nurse bent her body into a bow while keeping her head hung low, "Im sorry for my behaviour."

"Dont be sorry, it clearly wasn't your fault," Wandered said nonchalantly. Wanderer begged to differ, but he was in no mood to be sour. A surprise really.

The nurse smiled a little bit before nodding a 'thank you'

"Even after all that, I am still your nurse. I hope we can still get along,"

"Mn." Wanderer replied back— trying to fight the urge to sleep, but the mysterious music in the background was making hard to resist. Wanderer looked around but saw no gramophones around, "Huh?"

The nurse laughed a little at seeing his confused face, "This is my quirk, sir!"

Quirk Name: Melodic LullabyDescription: The fire spirit above her head creates auditory hallucinations like being able to hear music by using its smoke

Description: The fire spirit above her head creates auditory hallucinations like being able to hear music by using its smoke. By focusing on these melodies/hallucinations, they can reduce stress, anxiety, and physical pain for other people.
Drawbacks: The user may struggle to concentrate on the melodies in loud or chaotic environments.

Wanderer's mouth hung open for a little while before accepting the calm music he was hearing. 'I guess she isn't so annoying.' He thought as he took advantage of the music and fell asleep to the tune.

Words... 1061

[April 22, 2024]