10: An old Friend

"So what is our plan?"

All eyes were at once on me.

Apparently after storming out of a room you should not march back in and make a large announcement. Who knew? I certainly had not and did not care.

"I would appreciate it if everyone would stop staring at me like I am an alien, "I put my hands on my hips and raised an eyebrow at Chromia and Ratchet. "After all, we do know who the aliens in the room actually are."

Scoffing, Ratchet turned back to the panel of the dusty computer he was working on. "What plan?"

"Well obviously you brought me here for a reason," I glared at the white mech then I turned and looked at Chromia who shrugged.

"My plan was to regroup-see what other survivors there were," she explained.

"Survivors?" Ratchet shook his head. "I'm afraid we are all that is left-did you not hear me state that very fact moments before Shania here had her tantrum?"

My face flared up at his carefully chosen jab but I used that to fuel my next sentence as I stomped over to Ratchet.  "We both know that you guys are good at hiding-there's more of you out  there."

Ratchet shrugged. "Even if there are, we have no way of finding them or locating their position."

"But we found Chromia," His face ever hopeful, Jack jumped in. "You saw her on your sensor. Can't you do the same thing to find the others?"

Ratchet rolled his eyes. "I could but-"

"Use the satellite to Extend the signals," I interrupted the white robot.

All eyes were on me.

Scowling I shrugged. "What? That's what they do in the movies?" I gestured with my hands. "You know, they use satellites floating above earth? They send the signal up there and it's projected all over the globe."

Chromia hummed softly. "Shania, you might have something there...." she glanced at her fellow bot. "Try it."

"You want me to hack into the earth's satellite, and use it? Send a large signal up there?" Ratchet repeated dubiously. "Are you just trying to lead them straight to us? They will see the satellite is being altered."

"They can't if they are distracted," Jack said thoughtfully.

"How?" I turned and looked at the young man. By the thoughtful expression on his face I could see he was thinking hard. Suddenly a grin crossed his face. "I know just who to call."

"No way," Ratchet cut in sharply. "Jack, even if you could reach him, I don't think he-"

"He would," Jack turned to the robot, eyes bright. "He will-I know he will help us."

I looked from Ratchet to Jack-who were they talking about? Turning finally to Chromia, I opened my mouth to speak.
She cut me off, throwing her metal hands up. "No idea."
****************************************

"Jack, you better have a good reason for summoning me here," a sharp voice rang out in the shadows from the rafters on the second floor of the base. "I retired for a reason.