chapter 4: Nicolas Blanc

"Finally, You are here. Have been dying to meet you Tess."

I stood there staring blankly at this man. He has a chiseled jawline which was covered with a light beard and moustache. His brown eyes were deep and sparkled as the dim light of the corridor fell on it. He wore a blue shirt with the first 2 buttons undone showing his hard chest that perfectly complemented his broad shoulders, and a black jeans. He wore a mischievous smile that clearly stated trouble and his smell was so profoundly enigmatic that I felt lost just standing there.

As all these thoughts were dancing in my head he waved his hand in front of my face to get me out of the trance he had put me in.

I blinked my eyes waking up and checked the door for a flat number just to be sure that it was my flat.

"It's your flat only Tess." He said in his deep husky voice.

"Umm. And you are?" I said trying to gather my words.

"Nicolas Blanc. Nic for you." He said with a smile.

God that smile...

As I was about to say more Amara came from behind "What is going on Nic? Will you let her come in?" She said giggling at him.

"Ohh Tess you are finally here. You have no for how long has this guy been bugging me as to where you are." She said while jokingly hitting him.

I entered the flat and we all went into Sofia's room where, Sofia was sitting on her bed scrolling through her phone and there were snacks kept on the bed with a bottle of whisky and 3 glasses around it.

"Hey Tess come sit." Sofia said looking from her phone.

"Hey, well you guys start I will just change and come." I said signalling at the good and the drink.

As I turned around to go into my room I bumped hard into Nic who was standing just behind me and his amazing smell once again engulfed me.

He stared deep into my eyes and said, "I am not starting anything without you. So come fast. We all are waiting". There was an unreadable expression on his face when he said all this and even though it was nothing, I did feel a lot inside.

Is it weird?

I nodded softly with a smile and I went to my room. I quickly took a shower and changed into a pair of black lowers and grey top.  I combed my hair and put it in a messy bun and went to Sofia's room where they all were chatting and giggling, but no one has touched any food or drink so far.

"Hey" I greeted all of them once again.

"Finally." Amara said throwing her arms up in the air dramatically. She then signaled me to sit next to her on the bed in front of Nic.

As I sat on the bed they opened up the bottle and poured in their respective glasses. And as they were about to start Nic said, "Hey, Amara told me you don't drink so I got you a glass of apple juice, so you can also join us now." Handing me a glass of green apple juice. My favourite. How did he know?

He said this very casually as if it's not that big of a deal but it was. Especially after the day I had. So I took the glass of juice from him and all clinked our glasses with loud cheers.

After taking a sip Sofia asked me, " Hey, I forgot. How was your date?"

"Ohh ya. You  had the date today? I also completely forgot. How did it go?" Amara added on the cue.

I was hearing their question while a pair of eyes were burning holes through the side onto me. I knew for sure that Nic was staring blankly at me while they were asking me about my date and for some weird reason I felt very conscious.