Mystery World

(Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn and Naruto are not mine.
"Talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Kushina watched as her son slept, "I do not know what to do, Minato."

Minato nodded, "I understand how you feel, an alternate dimension of our Konoha. I always thought about the what ifs before. Experiencing it however is something else."

Kushina, "It is not fair either. They get to live the life we wanted with Naruto - chan while we died."

Minato, "They got what we wanted with Naruto instead it was Kyoko - chan who lost her parents."

Kushina, "And from what I can see the Kyoko - chan in this dimension is very stubborn too. Our alternate selves offered to adopt her but she declined."

Minato recalled his alternate self talking with Naruto, "Yes I remember."

Flashback:

Minato, "Naruto, come here for a bit."

Naruto, "Yes Dad?"

Kushina, "Since when have you called Kyoko, nee - chan?"

Naruto scratched his nape, "It was just recently actually."

Minato, "You should have told us son, we have been trying to adopt her for ages, you know that."

Naruto sat up then, "Actually that is the reason why I started calling her nee - chan. I thought I would get her used to the idea first."

Kushina had a thoughtful look, "Hm, so you were planning on easing her in?"

Naruto, "She has rejected being adopted directly. So I figured I would go the slow way. She is not against it from what I can tell, though she has this guilt she might be a burden."

Minato slammed the table, "She is not a burden. Who said she was?"

Naruto, "I don't know but I heard her say it. I think some people have been gossiping."

Kushina was fuming, "I see, thank you for bringing this to our attention Naru - chan. Do not worry about the gossip, mama will deal with it."

Naruto smiled, "Thank you mom, nee - chan deserves a family that loves, cares and treasures her."

Kushina beamed getting up a kissing Naruto's cheek, "Well then, I have to go to the Academy now. I got the afternoon class and I have to prepare."

Minato kissed Naruto's forehead, "And I have to return to the Police Station, Fugaku came up with a new strategy for increasing security."

Naruto's cheeks were pink as he returned the kisses, "Okay, I will see you for dinner then?"

Minato, "Of course."

Kushina grinned as she went out, "I can't believe Naruto let us kiss him, he would complain about how childish it was."

Minato laughed, "I guess he is maturing now."

Kushina, "They grow up so fast."

Minato kissed his wife, "Indeed, I will see you during dinner then."

Kushina giggled, "Of course. See you honey."

Naruto opened the door after his parents left, "Nee - chan, come on in."

Kyoko, "Anything weird?"

Naruto, "Mom and Dad are mom and dad even in another world."

Kyoko smiled, "I guess some things remain similar no matter what."

Naruto, "Yeah, but it looks like mom put her Kyuubi to sleep. Not like Kyuubi is complaining."

Kyuubi appeared, "A peaceful sleep sounds great actually. Your parents can be loud."