Clan Matters

(Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn and Naruto are not mine.
"Talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Shikamaru eyed Kyoko as they were leaving Sunagakure, 'She is hiding something.'

Earlier Temari had overheard Kyoko mention clan matters and Naruto talked about missing members. Their Sensei had mentioned Orochimaru and Sasuke had looked solemn, it did not paint a good picture. Temari could in a way relate to it, when Sasori had decided to up and leave Sunagakure he had taken many precious scrolls and items. There was still a huge bounty on the man because of how important those scrolls were, the items could be replaced. Temari had searched Shikamaru out and asked about Orochimaru and what he had taken from the Nara clan. The young Nara had been caught off guard by the question but seeing the direction Temari came from he could guess she had overheard team Seven.

Shikamaru looked at the brunette, 'I am sure she found out something.'

Kakashi, "Tea country, up ahead."

Naruto, "Can we go tea shopping, please? Mikoto kaa - chan mentioned she wanted to get the Oriku tea packs from here."

Sasuke, "They are known for their selected peach and plum blossom tea."

Kakashi, "I don't see why not. Do not take long though."

Kyoko, "Shikamaru, while they are off on their shopping date, we need to talk about something."

Shikamaru sighed, "I figured as much."

Kakashi, "Let's get some privacy first."

Shikamaru followed the two to their shared room in the hotel and watched as Kyoko placed sealing papers around the room. It would allow them to listen to what was going on outside but no one would be able to listen in on them. After they settled down, Kyoko gave a re - count of what had happened between her and Sasori of the sand. Shikamaru knew she had a one on one face off with Sasori but getting confirmation on it just hit differently compared to knowing about it. Kyoko detailed how she had used the special seal Naruto had created to summon plant life and control it to attack Sasori. Shikamaru was reminded of the first time he saw it in the Chunin exams, everyone had been shocked.

Kyoko, "I had him cornered using the plant summons when that bastard pulled an Orochimaru on me."

Shikamaru sat up straight, "How?"

Kakashi took out a scroll, "Have a look, but I warn you now, you will not like it."

Shikamaru opened the scroll, "No, how did he?"

Kyoko, "We suspect the Hokage's dead bodies were not the only ones the Snake Sannin stole from Konoha. He no doubt used those bodies as an exchange for exotic poisons."

Shikamaru's face contorted with fury before he schooled himself, "Was Nara the only one you fought?"

Kyoko, "No."

Kakashi, "Just tell him."

Kyoko looked at her Sensei then back at Shikamaru, "He was using the Ino - Shika - Cho formation. I could not get the other two bodies. I am sorry."

Shikamaru closed his eyes, "There are only five teams recorded who can use the Ino - Shika - Cho formation successfully. Mine, our dad's, our cousin's group who are in T and I. The other two are our late grandfathers, and late uncle's group."

Kakashi, "Once we return, I suggest we make sure the other graves are undisturbed."

Kyoko murmured, "They are so shameless, let the dead rest. They are dead, they have the right to rest peacefully."