Chapter 3: Her.

Where would you go after being held captive for decades? I went to the water. I stood beside the ocean and watched as the waves rose and fell ever so gently. After all, who was there to be afraid of?

Did they still remember, I wondered. How I formed them from my own body and allowed them to be filled with blood and breath. How I was theirs to command. You would not believe that I gave them the things only a fool would. Out of me came an abundance of food and hide for their backs. Even the creatures that crawl were warned to stay away from the people. They are mine, I said. But then they swarmed me. They ignored their flesh and listened to the providers of blood and breath. They joined hands to put me away. How foolish it was to cage ones provider and begin to search for sustenance. I felt them tear into me. I felt the weight of those concrete buildings that are far more hideous than I imagined. Blood spilled into me at an alarming rate. I should have expected it. Water is cruel and Life is inconsiderate.

My flesh will always be mine. I cannot hold grudges against it. But a fool cannot be foolish forever. These people are tainted by the blood that flows through them. As such, I must cleanse them and remind them of a time when food was sweeter and winds swept away infirmity.

If I had dipped my feet into the ocean, no doubt I would have died. Six centuries in captivity has taken too much from me. The next few years will be spent roaming the earth, awakening  the parts of me that were forced into slumber. Then I will make my announcements — small gestures to alert Him of my freedom. These waves must roll. They must tremble and crash into each other.

He, that is everything I am not will be removed from His position. The flesh he wears so proudly will be torn from him and his soul buried underneath my footstool. Then I will be the waters, pure and unpolluted; I will be blood, never to be spilled again.

Let them not be afraid. This is not a blind or vengeful arrogance. I have come for mine. I have come to remind them that I am Earth, the thrower of winds, the turner of tides.