Vol. 4.5 Chp. 2: Katsuragi's Girlfriend?

'Italic': Sign language
'Bold': Sign language

It happened one week before I went to the fortune teller with Ibuki. I received a message from Kushida.

Kushida: Next Wednesday is Inogashira-san's birthday. Would you care to celebrate with us?

Inogashira was a somewhat quiet girl from Class D, like Sakura. She didn't have many friends. Ike jumped at the invitation because the blatantly obvious reason was that he liked Kushida and wanted to get in her good graces.

Ike messaged me and Yamauchi.

Ike: You got a message from Kikyou-chan, too, right? Let's get some presents for Kokoro-chan!

Yamauchi: Well, I don't have any money. I should be getting some next month, though.

I'm not surprised that Yamauchi was broke. The Class D students were broke, but we'd netted good results in the last exam, and sure, students had been promised rather large amounts of private points.

Sadly, we won't be getting these points until September 1st.

~Timeskip~

"But... why is Kikyou-chan not here?! Huh, Kagurazaka?! She's the most important person!" Ike shouted.

I sighed as I wasn't surprised that Ike was concerned about Kushida's absence. I don't know why he turned to me for an explanation. I wasn't in charge of Horikita and Kushida's schedules.

'Calm down. Kushida never said that she'd go with us.'

"I'm not convinced! If Kikyou-chan isn't here, there's no point!" Ike complained.

"Now, I have to shop for a present I don't even care about with a bunch of assholes!" Yamauchi complained.

It wasn't like I wanted to shop with either of you. I watched as Yamauchi and Ike started to bicker as I sighed. 

I don't know why I even agreed. Sudou entrusted these two with his share of his points. I decided to walk to the store and buy a present.

Something that Inogashira would like, huh?

In any case, I grabbed a small sewing kit that Inogashira would like. After circling the shop once, I rendezvoused with Yamauchi. In Yamauchi's hands was a small, white stuffed bear.

Upon seeing it, Yamauchi scowled.

"Put that away. Kokoro-chan already has one."

You don't see me judging the stuffed white bear. Besides, Inogashira likes sewing, so I think she would like my gift. I'm buying this with my points.

Ike was standing still over by the keychain section. Yamauchi should bother him.

I gestured over to Ike as Yamauchi saw him.

As Yamauchi went to bother Ike, I noticed a bald man enter the shop.

Katsuragi had his back to me while looking at a stacked goods shelf.

I approached him, and he seemed slightly surprised to see me.

"Hmm, I wasn't expecting to see you here," I heard someone say.

I turned to see Katsuragi holding chocolate.

'Is it the chocolate for you or someone else?'

"It's for someone, but I'd rather not talk about it," Katsuragi said, "What are you doing here? Are you buying a gift for your girlfriend?"

'I don't have one. I'm buying a gift for a classmate's birthday.'

"Do you think it's strange to celebrate the day of one's birth?" Katsuragi asked.