Home Sweet Home

They reached Ayodhya and Urmila shifted back in her palki. She looked around and was surprised to see everyone on the street to welcome her. Flowers lined the roads and the air was filled with jay-jaykaras. 

She subconsciously brought her veil closer to her face, not that anyone was able to see her nor was she able to. The reached the mahal and she got down, face still covered with viel making it difficult to see. 

She felt a presence beside her. "Tum thik ho?" came the voice of her husband. "Haan." She answered but in reality her head was spinning as she had lost much blood from the day before and she couldn't even eat that properly since the previous day due to some vrat she had to do. 

The walked towards the gate and she lost her balance a bit and swayed on her feet as they stood on the entrance but she caught Lakshman's hand in time, so that she didn't fall. "Tum thik ho?" He asked again. 

"Haan haan aap chinta mat kijiye main thik hu bas thodi thak gyi hu." She said smiling forcefully which rather came as a grimace. She thanked her stars for the veil so that Lakshman was not able to see her expressions then.  

"Tumne itna lamba ghunghat kyu dala hua hai?" Kaushalya asked her. "Inhone bola." She said pointing at the four brothers. "Ram, Bharat tum dono bhi in dono ke saath mil gya!" Sumitra scolded them. 

"Maa hum to majak kr rhe the." Ram tried to defend them, keyword 'tried'. All the mothers grabbed their ears making them whine like kids. "Hadd hai. Beta remove the veil." Kaikayi told her and Urmila lifted her veil and all the ladies gasped seeing her condition.

A wound of her hand has opened up and blood was flowing from it freely. "Beta ye kaise lgi?" Kaushalya asked and everyone nodded too stunned and worried to speak. "Kuch nhi ma bas ek thodi samasya ho gyi thi kal ab sab thik hai." Urmila answered smiling.

"Kya Urmi, ye dekho kitna rakt beh rha hai, kuch thik nhi hai. Tum chalo hum vaid ji ko bulate hain." Sita said and everyone agreed. "Bhabhi kuch nhi hua hai, main thik hu. Thoda aram krke main thik ho jaungi." Urmila assured her. 

"Aram krke chot kbse thik hone lgi?" Mandavi asked. "Ye apne aap ko Roronoa Zoro smajh rhi hai." Chhaya commented. "Kya smajh rhi hai?"Everyone minus Urmila asked her in unison. "Arey kuch nhi iska favourite kalpanic character hai." She explained and all nodded.

Urmila turned whole red and didn't meet anyone's eyes. Sita did their arti and welcomed them. A kalash full of rice was kept in front of Urmila. "Isko apne right leg se girana." came the order of Kaushalya and now here is Urmila checking which hand is right by waving her hand in air like she was writing and everyone was looking at her like she was crazy.

When she was convinced which hand is right, she kicked the kalash gently and almost all the rice fell down. After the grah pravesh and all the rituals, Urmila was surrounded by all the ladies of the family who were busy teasing her.

"Dekho aaj kuch bhi ho sakta hai." Sita said teasing her. This scared her. "Kuch bhi ho sakta hai matlab?" She asked frightened. "Arey daro mat. Jiji ka matlab hai ki aaj kuch bhi toot sakta hai." Mandavi explained. 

"Kyu kya tootega?" Urmila asked still clueless. "Kyu tang kr rhi ho bachi ko?" Kaikayi scolded them. "Ma inhe smjh hi nhi aa rha ki aaj kya hoga." Shrutkirti cmplained. "Vo to mujhe pta hai ki kya hoga." Urmila said and everyone looked at her.

"Haan to isme kya badi baat hai maine uske baare mein padh bhi rkha hai yarr." She said and everyone was left shell shocked. No more words were spoken and Urmila got ready quietly and they told her to sit on the bed waiting for Lakshman and also handed her a glass of turmeric milk. 

"Mere liye?" She asked. "Ye Lakshman ke liye hai. Dono aadha aadha pi lena." Sumitra said and everyone went away laughing. 

With men, Lakshman was being teased mercilessly by his brothers, Angad and Hanuman. "Kyu Lakshman bhaiya ab bhi irada hai brahmachari rhne ka?" Hanuman asked which made Lakshman red. "Arey Hanuman ji ab kaha ye Brahmachari rhega. Dekhna kal hi iske brahmacharitva tuta milega." Bharat teased. "Bhaiya." Lakshman whined to Ram. 

"Kya hua Lakshman shi to kh rha hai Bharat." Ram said controlling his laugh. "Thik hai. Main ja rha hu." Lakshman said standing up. "Haye itni bechaini apni dulhan ke pass jane ke liye! Thodi der baad chle jana." Shatrughan said and Lakshman sat down again cursing his fate.

"Acha thik hai hum tumhe jyada der nhi rokenge tum jao. Tumhara man machal rha hoga na apni patni ke pass jane ko, jao jao." Bharat said and Lakshman stood up quickly and moved towards his chamber. 

"Aur suno, Urmi meri bhn hai, uske saath koi ulti seedhi harkat mat krna." Ram said from behind him which turned him red and he ran away hurriedly from there leaving behind a laughing group of men.

He entered the dimly lit chamber and took a look around and then his eyes fell on the bed where his newly wed bride was sitting with veil covering her beautiful face. He peeped outside and dismissed the guards outside the chamber and closed the door behind him.

"Mila." He called. "Thank God aap aa gye.Ab jaldi se ye ghunghat uthaiye mujhe kuch nhi dikh rha." She said. He chuckled and complied. He was met by a smiling face just as he lifted the veil. "Phle ye lo." She said forwarding the half filled glass of milk. 

"Ye to aadha hai." He said looking at the glass. "Han to aadha maine pi liya na." She answered and he chuckled finishing the milk. "Vaise hua kya tha mandir mein?" He asked her sitting on the right side of the bed. 

"Mujhe uske bare mein please abhi baat nhi krni." Urmila said and he nodded. "Vaise mujhe ek baat btao, sari ladies kh rhi thi ki aaj rat kuch bhi ho sakta hai aur aap kuch bhi tod sakte ho, kya todoge aap?" She asked making him smirk. 

He leaned towards her and stopped just beside her ear and whispered," Why don't I just show you?" He asked sending shivers down her spine. "I..." The rest of her sentence was drowned by Lakshman's lips. She kissed him back with equal fervor.

He laid her on the bed gently and climbed on top of her never breaking the kiss. That night he marked every inch of her as his. 

****

Hope you liked the chapter.

Please vote and Comment.

Will meet you in the next part, till then,
Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Good Night, Jai Hind.